Need these parts / Steering Wheel

juanatejeda

Hello all

Well I thought I had my Steering Wheel / Horn issue resolved, but alas, the other night, about midnight, my horn just started honking. Scared the crap out of the neighbors.

Anyway, it appears that the three screw that hold the back plate in place are not holding anymore. Two of the three are coming loose, so I suppose the part that they screw into is stripped. I'm not sure what the parts are called, but here are some pictures, along with the screws. I need the part the screws screw into as well as all the nonconductive washers. I'm sure the screws can be found at ACE Hardware, but if someone has those I'll will take the whole lot.

Let me know if anyone has them. Guess I can stay on the road by just disconnecting my horn.....

Oh, and can anyone tell me if there is a spring that goes onto the Steering Column before the Steering Wheel goes on? I have a spring that fits there, but I don't think it was in place when I started.

post-36483-14313894212_thumb.jpg

post-36483-143138942138_thumb.jpg

post-36483-143138942155_thumb.jpg

post-36483-143138942172_thumb.jpg

OK, reassembled my horn, following all the instructions provided by AACA, Followed the pictures to a Tee. Sorry to say, NO GO! I seem to not have enough space between the the triangular Plate and the Lock Washer and I have continuity in all positions.

I am at a loss, don't know what to do next......Any ideas.

I am at a point now that I will probably just disconnect my horn, so that I can drive my car.

If anyone can help, please do! Any ideas will be read and tried.

Can I just keep tightening the three screws on the triangular plate and see if that will push it down some more? I'm afraid of stripping the screws...... Anyone know how much space is needed or is it just enough so that there is no continuity when measure with a meter?

HELP!

Not sure why you say that the washers are upside down? The Nylon, triangular washer is identical on both sides. The little insert / nipple at each hole is the same ether way, at least I can't see a difference. I appears to me that it can be installed either way. Am I not seeing something?

Took everything apart, one last time. reassembled as per diagram and instructions I have read, several time. If nothing else, I can follow directions and read diagrams well. I am a 35 year retired cop, but did work as an electronic tech in the military (Radar Tech) and sorry to say, after reassembling it all and reinstalling the Steering Wheel,my horn still sounds as soon as I put it in place. Can't even tighten it down.

I have disconnected the relay and will go without a horn, so I can at least drive my car.

Thanks to all who have offered ideas. I will seek professional assistance from a local restorer, when I find one that can repair.

Again tanks to everyone for your help. I guess I just can't understand what's going on.