Let's see your truck & trailer

Ok Here's my truck never got around to getting the trailer. O5 6.0 litre superduty 4wd. 16.5 KMI, Never seen snow. Always in a heated garage with my old cars. 1 Owner ordered it new from Ford. Truly still showroom condition.

I would trade it for an old car if anyone needs a new tow vehicle. I've never even towed with it. I just don't use it enough to keep it.

I now have another diesel "work truck" I can tow with.

post-43003-143138935994_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
OK, this is our car hauler. A 2003 Chev Suburban 4x4, 3/4 ton, with the 6 Liter engine. The trailer is a 2006 26 foot Leonard. Pulling the trailer we get 11 mpg loaded or unloaded. The truck alone, 14 mpg, but if we slow down to 55 mph then we can get about 17 mpg.

Nice set up John. I'm considering a 2500 Suburban and an enclosed trailer in the next year or so. How do they handle on the road. Much problem when passing or being passed by semi's? do you have any anti-sway bars or anything. Those are about the same mpg's I currently get with my 96 1500 Silverado w5.7 Vortec (248K miles, engine/tranny never seen a wrench other than oil filter wrench every 4-5000 mi) At what MPH is that 11 mpg?

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Lamar, re the pulling with trailer, I usually run from 55 to 60 with the enclosed trailer. I can easily pass the big truck, but then again, they usually fly past me. I am not running anything special on the hook up, just the standard ball. I really do not get any swaying so I have not used my load leveler, which as the two long arms that attach between the truck and the trailer.

I did just add the rear suspension enhancement bump stop replacements from Tembrim and these larger pieces of rubber have really helped with the side to side movement of the truck. Here are a couple of pics both unloaded and loaded. An easy enhancement for less than $200 if you do the work yourself. My discussion of the bump stop enhancement is at http://forums.aaca.org/f190/avanti-r2-1963-refresh-269244-62.html

post-48480-143139054147_thumb.jpg

post-48480-143139054164_thumb.jpg

post-48480-143139054178_thumb.jpg

Guest GM-Classics

CARS-03.JPG

96 3500 Silverado 4x4 Vortec 454 - NV-4500 5 speed, 4:10s, 19.5s.... 6K original miles.... Just a show tow'r.

• 1 month later...

Ed, thanks and I historically pull between 6000 and 7500 depending on which car I am hauling. My I haul my 240Z it, the car only weighs about 2300 so I hardly know I am pulling anything. My 09 has a 9500 tow limit and I have the tow package on it so it has a slightly lower rear end ratio as part of the option.

I like your eTrack system as it adds alot of versatility for tieing down a car and you can easily use the tire straps instead of hooking to the frame or suspension.

Bob

Ed, thanks and I historically pull between 6000 and 7500 depending on which car I am hauling. My I haul my 240Z it, the car only weighs about 2300 so I hardly know I am pulling anything. My 09 has a 9500 tow limit and I have the tow package on it so it has a slightly lower rear end ratio as part of the option.

I like your eTrack system as it adds alot of versatility for tieing down a car and you can easily use the tire straps instead of hooking to the frame or suspension.

Bob

Thanks Bob. Yes the e-tracks are great. I don't use the tire straps, but I just ordered some to see how they compare to rachet straps. I have four rings as well that I can use when necessary. Most of the wheel straps I have found are designed for verticle e-tracks. My Cadillac Eldorado weighs 3,700 lbs, so the Titan feels it, compare to when I pull my Corvette. I brought my Titan new in 2004 and I have yet to do anything to it, but change the oil. I think they are excellent trucks for the price.

2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4, 5.7L V8, (381 hp), 4.3 Rear. Trailer is a 20' x 8.5' Danzer purchased at Trailer Enterprises in Hagerstown, MD.

Photo was taken at a rest stop during my trip to the 2012 AACA Grand National at Shelbyville, TN.

post-39705-143139120037_thumb.jpg

Here's mine. 2006 F-350 Turbo Diesel with a Big Tex brand trailer painted to match. Its embarrasing sometimes because the truck attracts so much attention wherever it goes and it was never meant to be that way. I get some strange looks using a dump to tow cars but one thing is for sure I don't have to worry about tongue weight as far as the truck goes nor extra space to haul parts!

post-50687-143139127547_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

And.......

Get a few looks hauling my utility trailer around with my 1952 Ford F-1.

Don't let the rims &tires fool you, it is the original three on the tree flathead V8, 6volt negative ground and standard brakes. I just change out the bulbs on the trailer when I need lights.

Doug

BCA# 35039

post-36036-143141749261_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here's my rig. 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4. Trailer is a 20' tilt bed with winch.

I'm running 3:55 gears and new Bridgestone Load range E tires, and going down the highway at full load it gets about 9-10 mpg. Rides like a dream loaded though, and will pull the crap out of any other gas engine. Extremely quiet too.

If you see me around the eastern seaboard hauling a Reatta, give me a shout!

post-62980-143141844399_thumb.png

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

You all are making me feel bad, when I lived in Houston first they stole my trailer then my truck. '99 dodge dakota R/T and an open 16 ft trailer.

A piece of advice If you have your trailer stored in a storage lot, your home owners will not cover it, and the local sheriff will not look too hard to find it. Even though there was video of it going out the gate and they knew whose code was used to get into the storage lot

• 4 months later...
Guest epicoat

Awesome set up you guys have here. But just an inquiry what type of wheels and tires would best recommend in every trailer that is bang for the bucks?