CHARLOTTE

DAVE A

The Farm O Road was a multipurpose vehicle made by Crosley as a last attempt to save the company. There were about 500 made from 1950-52 (when the company closed). The base vehicle was sold for 795 dollars with almost everything added on as an option. It offered a hydraulic dump, power take off both front and rear, speed control, 3 types of mowers, dirt and snow plows, full canvas top, post hole digger, and many others....even the passenger side wiper was an option. They looked like a small jeep (60 inch wheel base 42 inch track) and this was no coincidence as Crosley was one of the bidders on the Jeep contract in WWII. If you want more information go to the Crosley Automobile Club web site Crosley Automobile Club Inc.- Home for all Crosley Car Owners and look around. you will also see lots of pictures of them if you look at the pictures from the various years national shows. If you are interested in looking for one or any other Crosley get in touch with me directly and I'll see what can be found.

By the way, I traded for mine to a guy out of Connecticut. It had come originally from Pa and when it broke the crank, it was purchased and put in a barn in CT where it sat for 40 years or so. I traded a surplus Crosley Supersports for it. There's a couple up taht way.

Guest 4 bufords

thanks for answering my question about the farm o road last night.looks like cool little buggy.too bad they stopped making them,4 bufords from ct

Thanks for the Pic Wayne. I'll see you at Reading. Now that the pressure is off for this year, I'll have time to talk. By the way, what happened to the picture albums we used to have on this site?? I can't seem to find them.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 4 bufords

just got my old carsweekly and there is an artical on dave anspachs crosley hot shot very nice artical.i used to visit my grandparents in ohio every summer and the school teacher there had a few crosleys,a coupe,wagon and a pickup.must have been aroung 53-54 ,the croslys were about 1951 im guessing,4 bufords from ct

Dave, I enjoyed meeting you in Charlotte. Attached are a couple of photos of your Crosleys.

Wayne, if you get a section set up for Charlotte 2012 I'll post a bunch of photos from the show.

Don

post-36901-143138977716_thumb.jpg

post-36901-143138977722_thumb.jpg

post-36901-143138977726_thumb.jpg

post-36901-14313897773_thumb.jpg

Don;

Thanks for the pictures. I will add them to my collection. It was funny. Ay Charlotte I was going for a Senior and I was parked next to VW going for preservation. At reading I was going for preservation, and parked next to a VW going for preservation. Met a lot of VW people at Reading. What a great bunch. They seem to have almost fun as us Crosley guys!!!

Dave

• 8 months later...