Reading Registration

Guest rwmerz

John,

Thanks for the response. My reservations were also for 89 dollars per night at the Crowne Plaza, they were made on Dec. 23, 2011. The problem is I never received an email conformation from the hotel. I did write the conformation number and rate down. Since I never received an email conformation from the hotel I thought I should contact them to make sure I had the rooms. I called the hotel last night and was told I do have rooms but they were not aware of any AACA rate. No one at the hotel was even aware of any AACA function being held there. The person advised me that while I do have rooms they are at the rate of 139.00 per night. This morning I again called the hotel, spoke to the manager and he confirmed the 139 dollar rate was correct and also stated that he wasn't aware of any AACA rate.

The manager put me on hold while he checked on the AACA rates, when he returned he said he could not find anything concerning the reduced rates. :confused:

Members....better check your rates, perhaps someone from the host region could check on this.....please!!!!!

If you look at the other post concerning the Reading Meet, you will find that I posted the name of the host hotel and stated that I had secured a room there. I also thanked whoever negotiated the room rates. The post is dated 12-23-2011.

Edited by real61ss (see edit history)

That's rather interesting. I would suspect that their current information would not show the rate as the time period to hold them has probably passed. I will check with someone I know that reserved the room later, to see what they were quoted.

I have my written confirmation and hope others do also. I hope the committee and HQ can fopllow up for you.

John

John,

Thanks for the response. My reservations were also for 89 dollars per night at the Crowne Plaza, they were made on Dec. 23, 2011. The problem is I never received an email conformation from the hotel. I did write the conformation number and rate down. Since I never received an email conformation from the hotel I thought I should contact them to make sure I had the rooms. I called the hotel last night and was told I do have rooms but they were not aware of any AACA rate. No one at the hotel was even aware of any AACA function being held there. The person advised me that while I do have rooms they are at the rate of 139.00 per night. This morning I again called the hotel, spoke to the manager and he confirmed the 139 dollar rate was correct and also stated that he wasn't aware of any AACA rate.

The manager put me on hold while he checked on the AACA rates, when he returned he said he could not find anything concerning the reduced rates. :confused:

Members....better check your rates, perhaps someone from the host region could check on this.....please!!!!!

If you look at the other post concerning the Reading Meet, you will find that I posted the name of the host hotel and stated that I had secured a room there. I also thanked whoever negotiated the room rates. The post is dated 12-23-2011.

Tommy,

Ask them if the special rate is made for "Ontelaunee

Region". Experienced this at other meets where the host region's name was used and not AACA.

Just wanted to put closure to this....after several tries and messages left. the hotel called me this morning and adjusted my rates to the AACA rate. I am very appreciative of this and look forward to staying there. The lady told me that the block of rooms was actually sold out back in Dec of 2011 when I made my reservations but the person taking my call wasn't aware of it, so while I was given the AACA rate at the time I made the reservations they were later changed to the higher rate. Whatever, I'm just glad to get it straight.