What it might be worth

Guest edgex

Guest edgex

1969 Buick Special Deluxe. 13,400 miles, kept in heated garage,2door,green exterior,black interior,all documentation. Buick straight 6. Untouched, all original. My brother inherited from his wifes Aunt and was wondering what it could be worth. I've been around alot cars and this is the cleanest original I have ever seen. Any input would be appreciated. thanks.

Edited by edgex
want to add attachment (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

Sounds like a very interesting and nice car. What is going to hurt the value and collector potential for this car is the fact that it is the bottom of the line offering from Buick that year. Collectors typically want and pay more for the higher models or better optioned models. "Old Cars Price Guide" lists a number 1 condition 69 Special Deluxe at around $8600, you can use that as a bit of a reference. I am near certain that the straight 6 used on the 68 & 69 Specials was a Chevrolet engine not a Buick engine.

Hope you can get some pictures posted, will be enjoyable to see such a low mileage Special.

• 2 years later...
Guest torrnado

I am edgex's cousin, and I'm helping his brother (the owner) and his wife with the listing and sale of the car in various car forums, craigslist, bringatrailer and possibly ebay. If you have further questions about the car, kindly reply and I'll do my best to answer them. Keep in mind that the owners are unsure about the value and I've already had a helpful post to an antique car appraisal website.

The link to the For Sale ad is here (along with pictures): http://forums.aaca.org/f117/1969-buick-special-deluxe-two-door-379815.html