1940 Series 25 Coupe parts needed

Guest puttinjohn

Guest puttinjohn

I am in need of a trunk handle, trunk support arms for a series 25 coupe. Would anyone out there know if the series 25 coupe is the same as the chevy coupe and would those support arms interchange? Any help out there with regard to my situation would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Guest mikestaley

can't answer interchange question, but while searching for pontiac parts myself i did notice 4 different ebay trunk handles...... i just typed in 1940 pontiac trunk handle and up they came.... i am new to this forum and to 40's pontiacs and imagine you have already checked out ebay.... but just in case i thought i'd offer my small 2 cents worth of knowledge.

mike.

According to my notes the Model 25 Pontiac uses the A body as does Chevrolet. This means exterior ornaments are still probably unique to Pontiac but internal body hardware like the support arms will often interchange. No guarantee but looks like they are probably the same, good luck, Todd C

Guest puttinjohn

I kinda thought that. Again, I am not sure. Thanks for your effort, Todd, I do appreciate it. Also, I am in need of the hardware that attaches the hood latch to the under side of the hood, I have the Indian latch but am without the hardware and I don't know what it looks like. I also need hood springs and lower brackets that mount lower to the cowl. Any help with that would be deeply appreciated. Thank you again for your effort. John.

Guest puttinjohn

Mike, I just got done talking with Kelseys and explained my problem with the trunk handle. I have 3 trunk handles, two of which are short shafts, the third one, which, is the correct one is longer by about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. The other two don't work. Curt at Kelseys thinks I might have the wrong latch assembly on my coupe. I have to look into that yet. I appreciate your efforts, thanks for responding to my post. John