Identifying a wreck in the bush

Guest cloverfield48

Guest cloverfield48

Hi all

I live in Western Australia, and on a recent field trip I came across this wreck and I am trying to identify it. I think the clues are the fuel tank and the square profile of the rear guard. I brought the bonnet back (sorry, hood to you guys!). I haven't photographed it, but it hinges at the centre and the sides and has 20 louvres each side. There is a handle on each side (centre bottom) and latch down points in each corner and are fixed with brass rivets. The dash panel has no instruments, but has a large oval centre and 2 round holes (about 3 " in diameter) either side of the centre piece. I originally thought it was a Ford

Model B, but have been shot down on that by a few 'experts'. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Greg

post-84627-143138923222_thumb.jpg

post-84627-143138923261_thumb.jpg

post-84627-143138923296_thumb.jpg

post-84627-14313892333_thumb.jpg

Guest cloverfield48

OK, I'll follow that up. The other clue I forgot to mention is that it is a 4 cylinder, as the exhaust manifold was lying on the ground. You can see the push rod side cover plate in the cowl shots.

Guest cloverfield48

Haha, Roger. I'm working on that too. It is a 1100 km trip (one way), so logistics have to be sorted.