FS 1958 Oldsmobile 2-door station wagon - rare!

Guest reddevil1311

Guest reddevil1311

Hi all,

here is a link to my ebay auction for my unique 58 Oldsmobile 2-door station wagon which is in the UK.

The car was built on the GM line in Antwerp, Belgium and was going to be a 2-door hard-top. Apparently it was taken direct from the factory and converted into a station wagon, and later in the 60s converted again into a hearse.

It was imported to the UK in the 70s and turned back into a wagon. The speedo is in KMs and not miles (not often you see 220 as the top speed on an Olds dash!)

The current sign writing represents an original 50s band from North Texas, and was used by the singer and lead guitarist (the King brothers) when they played in the UK in 2002.

This car needs complete restoration.

In the advert it states cash on collection between specific dates - if it was won by a US bidder this would not be a requirement - other options could be discussed with me.

1958 Oldsmobile Super 88 2-door Station Wagon - RARE | eBay

Ashley

Guest Rob McDonald

Interesting car, more for its uniqueness than its beauty. The Ionia-built bodies were a whole lot prettier, especially at the rear, even though they all had four doors. Well, five if you include the tailgate or six, if the upper window hatch counts too.

I'll stick my neck out and say that, among American cars, I think Mercury built the only "factory" 2-door hardtop station wagons, from 1957 to 1960. Very flashy cars.