So has anyone started counting the days to Hershey '12?

John_Maine

We start to panic every year when we pre pay for our spaces in February. Are we taking a car to Hershey? Will it be done in time? What if it rains? Remember to remind all family and friends NOT to schedule any marriages, births or deaths during the High Holy Days of Hershey. Don't forget to register to judge. Don't forget to call the kennel for the dog. Do the truck and trailer need any maintenance? Are our lawn chairs good for another year or should we buy new as they are virtually impossible to find in early October? Don't forget to arrange for our porta potty and importantly, don't forget to mail the lock and key to the porta potty company, otherwise the thing will be full when we get there Wednesday morning....it goes on and on.

Not quite yet. Other meets and events and such to go to in the meantime.

I really wish that we could find items for any of the three vehicles we have. So far for years.....nothing. And for years I have begged and pleaded with Bill to get to go the next year. And for several years he has said, "If I don't find anything this year it will be the last". He sounded very serious about it last year. I am concerned that this time he really means it. :(

For the past several years going to Hershey has also allowed me to visit with my favorite niece, her husband and their nearly three-year-old son in Easton, Pa.

So can someone please have some parts for a 1939 Dodge Deluxe, a 1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Sprint convertible or a 1974 M-B 450SL so that he will want to come back? PLEASE?!?! :o

As soon as dad stops talking about the last Hershey (usually around Christmastime) he/we begin discussing the next everytime we talk in person or on the phone. Looks like I may still be between prewar cars this year but still just as excited for October!! :)

Dad does not even own a collector car - but we both collect gas and oil stuff and there is usually "a little bit" of that on the field... :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm in Hershey right now. We're taking the kids to Hersheypark. I've been to "Hershey" every year since 1974 (the year I was born), and it feels weird to be here without acres of antique cars.

I plan on going sometime when it's not Fall Hershey myself, so I can take in some of the other things the Hershey area has to offer. Is there anything from your visit that you can tell us is different from last year? For example, if you make your way west over by Rt. 39 where it heads into Main St. in Hummelstown, are there any new restaurants or anything new since last September's flooding caused the McDonald's to be razed?

I'm in Hershey right now. We're taking the kids to Hersheypark. I've been to "Hershey" every year since 1974 (the year I was born), and it feels weird to be here without acres of antique cars.

I just took my daughters to Hershey the first weekend of August. Trying to explain to my wife and kids how the entire area is filled with antique cars and parts. Looking foward to October.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it doesn' seem too long ago that it was 5 months to Hershey, now it's 5 weeks! Anxious to see how my new Taurus performs on a trip. It's an exciting end of year for me - Hershey, Thanksgiving, Christmas, retirement 12/31/12 & heading to Florida in mid-January for a few months.

Edited by John_Maine (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I got my wagon out and lubricated the old wheels for this year. Still looks good for its age! Feeling very good after the surgery. Went to Hershey Saturday and walked around all day with wife and kids. (Pre-Fall meet workout). Checked out my camper and started loading it tonight. Looks like wife and kids aren't going this year. "More room for stuff on the way home". Getting anxious for Wednesday 12:00 when I hook up and head that way! Matt