Factory build sheets?

Guest moodier

Guest moodier

I knowthis has been asked and probably answered in the past but no idea how to do it now!My problem is that 20+years ago when my LC was put on the classic license they apparently didn't know how to find the VIN and used the body number on the title.I have located the number on the front crossmember but the title shows only the body number.I have seen the address to get the build sheet but don't know where to find it now!My concern is to be able to link the numbers!!My previous 47 LC had no visible Vin but title showed it when I finally found it under the undercoating on the rear of frame it didn't agree with the title but only by one number someone had transposed a 6 and 8 and what I had to go thru to correct that was unbelievable so I am rather paranoid about the numbers especialy when I don't have the actual VIN on the title.Don't wantto think of any chance they don't match!I know I should have checked this but only looked to see if number was on title not realizing it wasn't actually the VIN but the body number!!Dumb !!

Looks like you have two states to try, maybe one is more cooperative than the other? If you managed to register properly in one state, you could transfer to the other. You might also be concerned as to what number is on your insurance policy. I can't recommend any, but there are a few companies that will make a classic title for you as well.

Since you have gone 20 years, you could probably drive another 20 years without hassle from the authorities. Or if you decide to sell, let the next guy worry about it.

Abe

• 2 weeks later...

Serial number on front drivers side of car cross member is usually the easiest to find. It is also on the transmission bell housing above the clutch inspection hole ( if the transmission is the original ) and on the frame near the gas filler pipe. Lee