Cadillac ?

Guest Didix

Guest Didix

Hello,

I write from France and I would like to know if someone here can identify that car (Cadillac) exactly...

Waiting for your answer.

Best.

post-84209-14313890521_thumb.jpg

Didix, that is a beautiful photo of a beautiful car. It is a Fleetwood Seventy-Five model. That basic body style was introduced in 1941 and built through 1949 with only minor styling changes. Although there were grille changes your side profile photo does not show them. However, it does show something that narrows the year considerablely. The stainless steel running boards were added in 1946 and continued through 1949. The 1946 models had the Cadillac name in block letters on the front fenders. 1947-49 models like this one had the name in script. The were five models of sedans and limousines in 1947. All were on 136-inch wheelbases. Style 7533 was the Seven-Passenger Imperial Sedan (1005 built), Style 7523 was also a Seven-Passenger Sedan but not an Imperial (890 built), Style 7519 was a 5-Passenger sedan (300 built), Style 7523-L was a Nine-Passenger Business Sedan (135 built), and Style 7533 was the Nine-Passenger Business Imperial Sedan (80 built). If you have ore questions you can always send me a PM.

Guest Didix

John : what a science !!

Saw it is a Fleetwood 75 Cadillac built in 1947 ?

But you speak about five models for 1947...

What about the one on the picture ? Style 7533 ?

Now, I have an hardest question... Look at my second picture (two cars view from behind)... Are you able to tell me at least the builder(s) ?

Best

post-84209-143138905495_thumb.jpg

Cadillac Series Seventy-Five cars first received tailfins in 1950. Didix, the only way to know for sure what body style the 1947-49 Cadillac is would be to look at the interior; is it a 5-passenger model, 7-passenger model or a 9-passenger model and does it have a divider glass. If it has the divider glass it would be an Imperial model.

The first Series Seventy-Five Cadillacs with tailfins were the 1950 models. Dix, the way to tell which Style the 1947-49 Cadillac you show is to look at the interior. It could be a 5, 7, or 9 passenger car. Each one has it's own Style number and the Imperials have a divider glass behind the front seat.

Bleach,

Thank you for posting those pics, they are enlightening. When I've come across '48s, I've puzzled some about their dashboards. They were sort of "one-off" (as the Brits would say). I've alway thought that they were interesting, and not unpleasant, but somehow not "Cadillac-like".

The dash in the '48 is unique to that year. The dashes in the other years were carry overs with minor or no changes. The '49 dash was used on the 75 as well as in the newly restyled main line cars and then was carried over into the '50 models.