Braces with floorpan removal

Guest zazothex

Guest zazothex

I'm in the process of stripping my chassis and replacing the floors in my '47 LC 'vert. When ripping out the floors (pretty much all from firewall to trunk) has anyone welded in crossbraces to keep the body square? I know this is done for later convertibles, but it seems since the LC is unibody and heavier than heck, there really doesn't seem to be a problem with warping due to missing doors / pans

I didnt have a minutes problem with mine. That was before I put it on a rotisserie, then I had to add braces between the door posts as the gap started to close rather quickly. As long as the car is on the ground , I doubt there will be a problem. Hang it from the rear bumper bolts and front bumper bolts and it's another story.

Tom

Guest zazothex

Cheers, Tom. I have the front on wheel ramps and the rear axle on stands, it's level, so I figure since the pressure points are the same (weight over the wheels) it shouldn't be an issue. I'd kill for a rotisserie, especially since I'm on my back on a creeper holding a grinder so much. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to paint the underside when I'm done with the patchwork.