Spitfire long block

Guest Thundertruck80

Guest Thundertruck80

I still have what I think is a Chrysler Spitfire motor with the big oil filter port, and has a 4 speed transmission.

It came out of a 1949 Dodge ton truck, the motor was running when it came out.

The motor was cleaned and painted and was ready to go back in but I changed my mind and decided to go with a s10 frame swap.

So, I will have no use for the spitfire and would like to sell it. (best offer)

Edited by Thundertruck80
update (see edit history)

Guest Thundertruck80

In the pic were it looks like I sanded, there are only numbers with no letters, the numbers are. - 53 568 93

The numbers on the head are 1313826-2 . The block number under the starter is, 1138129-1

and down by were the breather pipe goes into the block there is a number 49 and right under the 49 is 2-16

Could also be a 265 depending on the year. The oil filter is the later type used 49 to 54 so it may be a 265. If so it is the most desirable, largest and most powerful of the flathead sixes. The only way to be sure is by the serial number.

Very hard to put a value on it without seeing it but should be worth $200 to $500 as is, complete with transmission and accessories. There are quite a few flathead Chrysler fans out there and the same engine will fit DeSoto and Chrysler from the late thirties to 1954, and can be fitted to a Plymouth or Dodge with a little work.

Here is a message board dedicated to Dodge Pilot House trucks. Someone there might need an engine and trans.

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

• 10 months later...
Guest windsor15

do you still have it? I am intrested i have a 53 chrysler windsor and the block is busted so i need another engine plz get bk.