Now PARTING: '89 Grey/Grey coupe

NCReatta

Picked up Recian's '89 coupe today. After a series of unfortunate events, the car no longer runs and drives. We agreed on a price, and I picked it up today.

As many of you may know, it has had EXTENSIVE work done to the drivetrain. Here's a link to some of the threads he's made on the work he's done on his car: http://forums.aaca.org/search.php?searchid=618542

Though it's had a lot of work done to it, I really cannot afford to restore it, and thus will be parting it out.

Any parts you want, please email, call, or send a private message (PM) to me, and we can discuss.

The engine and tranny have well over $3500 invested. It's technically a 3900 now. I will listen to offers on this. YOU MUST pick the engine up yourself if you want it. After a few weeks, you can probably just take the whole car (stripped for most parts - still easier to transport)

Please contact me if you're interested. Pictures coming soon!

Edited by NCReatta (see edit history)

Guest Richard D

Marck, What happened to the car to make it undrivable? He put so much time and cash into it, even rebuilt the engine?

Thank's

Richard

Marck, What happened to the car to make it undrivable? He put so much time and cash into it, even rebuilt the engine?

Thank's

Richard

Richard, fuel pump troubles lead to sender unit troubles, and while fixing the fuel sender unit, the tank fell off and broke the fuel lines coming from the tank.

I've taken starting fluid and made it turn over and run, but it will need a new tank and lines before its drivable.

It has a brand new crate transmission, and a engine that's been rebuilt from the ground up. There's basically not a piece under the hood that's not new. Plus new shocks, brakes, drilled and slotted rotors, and other stuff.

If someones looking for a good car to restore, this is it. I'll take $2200 for the car if someone would like to finish the car. For that price I'll even include another has tank. I may even have some fuel lines I'll throw in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sure, Jim.. here's a summary of the work that's been done:

New GM crate 4T60 transmission. (retail price $1,250)

Completely rebuilt engine. Docked heads, rebored to about a 3900. New pistons, all new parts inside and out. Not a piece that's not new on this engine.

New shocks and struts all the way around.

New cradle bushings and bolts

New brakes. Drilled and slotted rotors, new calipers all the way around I believe

There's probably more that's been done that I'm not aware of. I keep finding more stuff that's new on this car.

Pictures I have are of the car terribly dirty, and they're not wanting to upload right now. I've powerwashsed the car, and it looks pretty decent. I'll try to get some more pictures this week sometime and post them.