CARcass

adam1982

Judging by the rear suicide door, I would guess a lincoln.

I don't think so. The opposite side of the car has what looks like the remains of a door, which clearly has what looks like a side impact beam still attached. That would mean this car almost certainly was made in 1973 or later, too late to be a suicide Lincoln. Also those Lincolns had push-button door handles, and this car appears to have had a pull-type.

I also think it looks like a smaller car, perhaps Dart or Nova sized.

My first thought is Aspen/Volare. Something about the door and the placement of the somewhat wide molding. I had one that was a color pretty close to the tan one this one. (Yeah, I know that it's been repainted). Also, the contour of the corner of the front bumper. Anyway, see what you guys think:

1979%20Plymouty%20Volare%20003.jpg

The remains of the door on the CARcass picture appear to be of half door construction. In other words, no door structure above the door sill. The Volare shown above has a full frame on the door to support the window.

Grandpa

Good point. The control arm looks GM to me. It's a tough one!

I'm going to go with Dodge Aspen on this.

The front control arm has no spring yet is sprung down indicating a torsion bar.

The door could be missing the window frame. There's lots more missing on this car than that.

The front bumper has a turn signal light cut out just like the Aspens did.

The Aspens/Volares had a diff cover and the shape looks right.

I used to own a '77 Volare wagon many years ago and there are lots of details on this wreck that remind me of it.