75th Anniversary Photo 80C Vehicle Located

Ernie E

Hello Brian,

I don't know who owned the 80-C in '78 but I have a hunch I know who currently owns it and where it's located. It's sitting in my garage at the moment in the midst of a brake job. I recently purchased it and with it came the Buick ad you mentioned framed sitting in the back seat with the car in the picture circled and marked "same car".

I do have a bit of a soft spot for Buick as my first car (which I still own) was a 40 Buick 2 door Special. Bought it in '72 and it was my driver for several years including Minnesota winters. Since then I have accumulated several Buicks, mainly 38 Specials, but including an 81-F and the 80-C. I have a couple of 40s and round out the roster with a '37 Century Coupe.

I had been thinking about joining the BCA and was purusing the internet when I came across this forum. I have attached a couple of pictures for your viewing pleasure.

In the meantime I will look into the BCA.

Best regards,

Ernie

Correction to the above post:

I thought that Brian was referring to the 75th anniversary picture Buick put out in '78 but upon review it appears he was asking about a different picture of a different 80-C from the same era. If this is the case I can only say (as Rosanne Rosanna-danna said so well many years ago): Never mind!

Ern

post-83853-143138881568_thumb.jpg

post-83853-143138881653_thumb.jpg

post-83853-143138881684_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ernie E
Updated information (see edit history)