26 Chrysler leaf spring arch

• 2 years later...
See attached:

hwellens,

I was reading this post and the attachments and was wondering if you had the page which referred to the 1929/30 Chrysler 66 rear springs. I have just purchased one and it was in a garage with several other vintage Chrysler and dodge vehicles and I am trying to ascertain if I have the correct rear springs.

thanks

Mcgoo

• 3 weeks later...

many thanks Hwellens this may help me to sort out what springs I have and what vehicle they suit. I have ascertained that I have a 1925 B model chassis but seem to have 1930 Chrysler 66 parts and body.

Mcgoo

Thanks again, I have a set of springs that have 13 leafs with a 49 inch centres eye to eye and 8.5 inch arch, the measurements for short end are 24 9/16 SE and 28 9/16 LE.

The closest I can find is the 1926, 60 coach sedan. Unfortunately the serial numbers are not explanatory in the book, My serial # is 51522.

Could you explain to me what the Bushing abbreviations mean, HDB, GCB, JFC, with JFC being relevant to the springs I have, they currently have brass bushes, do you happen to have any specifications on what bushing should be size wise and material.

thanks

Mcgoo

Could you explain to me what the Bushing abbreviations mean, HDB, GCB, JFC, with JFC being relevant to the springs I have, they currently have brass bushes, do you happen to have any specifications on what bushing should be size wise and material.

thanks

Mcgoo

HDB = Bronze Bushing (7/8" x 5/8" x 1-3/4")

GCB = Bronze Bushing (13/16" x 9/16" x 1-3/4")

JFC = Bronze Bushing (1" x 3/4" x 2")

See attached to make sure you are measuring correctly.

spring measurement.pdf

Edited by hwellens
Add data (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone got any pictures of the rear spring setup on a 1925-26 Chrysler sedan / coach. Im interested to see if I have set mine up right. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. I have some temporary timber shackle plates which are at 2 inch centres, the ones I got with the car were 3 1/2 inch centres which did not allow springs up in position. Any advise or guidance is appreciatedpost-100001-143142544156_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hwellens do you happen to have the data for a 1925 Chrysler, you have previously sent the info for the 26 but I am hoping you may have for the 1925 models.

many thanks

mcgoo

Sorry, but, my book only goes from 1926 - 1936, but, covers all cars