1957 Buick Super Build Sheet

Caballero2

Although it is a good photo; that at the top is hard to make out.

But, the model , trim (interior), and Paint will show on the firewall data plate as well. (I don't know what 'sequence' refers to....)

Although, I am by no means an expert, My interpretation of the rest;

Optional Equipment; Super group 1 option package

HTR DEF= Heater and defroster (usually only California and exports to the tropics came without heaters)

W-S WSHR= winshield washer sytem.

EZI Glass = tinted glass

WW Tires= White wall tires

Safety group

WA Wiper= Wide Angle windshield wiper

PWR BRK= Power Brakes

Dual Exhaust

D= Sonamatic radio/ manual antenna (manual extension)

5= Air Conditioning Radaitor (I'm not sure on this if it means A/C equipped with heavy duty Radiator. Or, it may mean Heavy duty radiator only. Or, it may mean A/C only.

bhambulldog:

First: The factory failed to stamp anything on the trim tag for accessories.

Second, The car is a Factory original A/C car which would be an Acc Code 'N'. Also the car was equiped with the heavy duty radiator.

I am curious what the hand written information would indicate. I hoped that someone on the forum might be able to filter the photo. This is probably not to be. But, thanks for your insights.

Dan

bhambulldog:

First: The factory failed to stamp anything on the trim tag for accessories.

Second, The car is a Factory original A/C car which would be an Acc Code 'N'. Also the car was equiped with the heavy duty radiator.

I am curious what the hand written information would indicate. I hoped that someone on the forum might be able to filter the photo. This is probably not to be. But, thanks for your insights.

Dan

Dan,

I didn't men to say accessories would be on the trim tag. What I meant to say was; the paint code and interior trim code would appear on the tag.

I know just a bit about '55 models. Those later than '55 , I know less and less.

I don't know much about enhancing photos. But, I've seen worse photos than that have information gleaned from them.

That's a. Great find. Surely there is someone on the board that can help on the photo......

Good Luck!

Bulldog

Dan, That is really cool! From what I can tell with the handwritten stuff, you nailed the trim code. The paint code, though not legible, is probably the same as on the cowl tag. Sequence is the build sequence for the day of the build in the production schedule. The Model Number is the body style, per the Fisher Body code for the 1957 Buick: 4537; 4 - Buick Motor Company; 5- Series 50 Super; 37 - Body Style - 2 Dr. Htp. The numbers up in the corner might be the actual build date: 929 - September 29. It also looks like the the build sheet might have been changed from a 4dr Super, because the 4539 is crossed out.

Hope this is what you were looking for. Not 100 percent positive, but pretty close, based upon what I have learned from the parts manuals and reading this stuff on the forum.

• 3 years later...
Guest myold88

Very interesting. Just curious but after reviewing the order sheet I can't see where a 3 speed standard shift '57 Buick was available.

Dan,

I found the attached build sheet yesterday in my 54 Century. Maybe it'll help you decipher yours. You would have loved seeing my smile as I unearthed it from under the carpet.

Kevin

That is a great find. I wonder just how many were found and the finder said; " What's this" and tossed it.

'57buickjim helped me decipher it. Along with the fact my 56R was an all original car. Jim was able to read between the lines and reproduce a clone.

Dan

• 5 weeks later...