Really need front piece of floorboard

Guest Harry Connors

Guest Harry Connors

I just finished leading and doing the fine sanding of the rear of the Lincoln Continental Coupe and have most of the replacement of the right rocker panel finished. I have run into a road block on the replacement of the front floor panel, from the door post forward, to the firewall. Mine is gone on the right side along the side panel and I need one desperately so I can finish off the welding. Does anyone know of someone who will sell me the front part of a floorpan from the doorpost forward for the right side? I have tried Classic 2 Fabrication and Paul Bradley (waiting on answer as I am sure he is overloaded).

I finally found a place that will take the Lincoln on their hoist (remember I am in Germany) where they will sandblast the entire undercarriage for a fair price. The undercarriage is filthy with a lot of dried grease and surface rust. Once it is cleaned I can put a coat of protective primer and paint on it and it will look almost new. While underneath the car I discovered that someone had made nice holes in the frame on the right side so they could run duals on it. Since it currently has the stock single system I suspect that the noise was too much for them. But since the holes are so nicely cut I may put duals on it with quiet mufflers. Thanks for any information you all can provide. Harry

Harry:

If you can't find the floor sheet metal, someone with modest tin bending skills could fabricate a replacement, its mostly flat.

I put Red's Headers on my V-12, and had a local muffler shop bend the pipes. Leave room for clutch travel. I used turbo mufflers in the stock location behind the X member, but you could use quieter ones and not be louder than stock. Mine sound fine, even though I only have 10 good cylinders.

Abe