1940 Buick 40 Series Engine/Trans with Accessories

For sale a Buick 248 CID Engine out of a 1940 Buick Series 40 Special Model.

Also included with the engine is the transmission along with the generator, starter with solenoid, distributor, bell housing, clutch, etc.

Asking $450 negotiable for the whole package. I am not interested in splitting up the package, but I'll consider it.

My father picked up the engine in Arizona recently and it spins freely and easily with a breaker bar on the crank bolt. We have no history on the engine trans package other than that and it is sold as is. Definitely will need to be rebuilt. I have not removed any covers, but I have pulled the plugs and looked in the cylinders with a flash light. They look OK, carbon is built up on the pistons. Also with the fuel pump off I looked in the hole at the crank and cam and again what little I can seen looks ok. Cosmetically the valve cover is slight dented as seen in the photos and the exhaust manifold is severely pitted at the front of the engine.

All the little bits an pieces are on this engine with the exception of the fan and the fuel pump. Serial number is 44000985 which is would have been built in May of 1940.

Available for pick up in Charlotte, NC. If you are coming to Charlotte Autofair, Southeastern Spring AACA National Meet or the 2012 Buick Cub of America National Meet it's located just 10 minutes away. I have an engine hoist to load it in your pick up truck.

Glad to answer any questions as best I can.

If you want us to hold the engine until one of the meets above. Will do so for a $60 non-refundable deposit.

Photos are posted here:

http://forums.aaca.org/f117/1940-buick-40-series-engine-trans-323010.html#post1001719