cork clutch material for sale

jim43

I have quite a bit of cork clutch material. It comes in sheets and is a tad over 3/8" thick. It is a modern expensive material. I have rebuilt two clutches with it.

$40 a square foot. plus postage.

A square foot makes a lot of pieces as you can see in the pictures. Two square feet should do the worlds biggest cork clutch. I can cut 7/16" pieces with my die I made to do Chalmers clutches. I can also rebuild your Chalmers clutch as I still have my jigs and fixtures I made for the work.

Jim43 dstamp4@comcast.net 603 863 2621

post-54390-143138853649_thumb.jpg

post-54390-143138853659_thumb.jpg

Guest studepeople

I was wondering if you are aware of the cork clutches used in Hudsons. It looks like the same process as you use on the chalmers....maybe post under the Hudson section.......

Thank you. I did post it under Hudson because I knew they used a cork clutch, quite late I believe. I suspect they are similar to Chalmers because the car that became Hudson was initially designed and built by Chalmers, but was sold to J L Hudson before Chalmers actually produced it to sell. I have never seen a Hudson clutch though.

Jim43

Thanks for the picture, very enlightening.

I made a typo in the first post, the size I can make is 9/16" and they are 60 cents apiece. This will save on postage and the need to make a cutter for a one time operation.

The 1914 Chalmers Master Six uses a single row of those " Parchessi Men" cork pieces, but it has 8 disks or 9, I have seen both, so 320 or 360 cork pieces are used. The engine oil runs through the bell housing and the clutch runs in it of course. I think the oil bath makes for a much smoother shifting than some other dry running clutches in cars I have driven.

Jim43

Edited by jim43
wrong size (see edit history)

• 2 years later...
Guest hudson1926

Hello do you have still cork clutch material for sale

I can jused on ours hudson 1926 clutch repair or do you know where I can get it ?

Vesa-Matti Vapaavuori

City of Salo Valuenteer fire department

Finland

[h=2][/h]

Guest hudson1926

Hello

You have cork clutch ? How much ?

Is it so that when I take clutch out of engine there is cork in clucth plate and I just remove old ones out and assemby new ones on plate ?

I work at Finland City of Salo valuenteer fire department.Can you send me prize of cork so I can tell others what is prize.

If we make a deal, can you send invoice to me at paypal ? And how much it will cost to post it to Finland ?

Guest hudson1926

And do you have any parts for Hudson super six engine model-o serie 1 or 2 1927 or 1926.

We seeking: Ignition parts Autolite 4011 or 4023 hole system: like upper parts: Distibutors cap,rotor,coal and lover parts: hole kit

Or do you have hole ignition system for super six model-o 1926 ?