1931 Chrysler 4 door..how to determine model?

Beemerdoc

Hello, All

I bought a 1931 Chrysler that is in a LOT of baskets.

It has 4 doors, a six cylinder engine, and stuff that I just do not know about (yet).

I am going to part it out, but do not know how to ID the model. I do have a title (Florida car) and the firewall with a couple of plates on it.

One plate says:

Body Number

S 8547 -CM

Title gives it ID number of 6531319

What is it? Any thought as to best way to part it out? I was thinking E Bay.

Thanks for helping me out!

This is a good place to part the car out to the guys who need the stuff. Sounds like you have a 1931 Chrysler CM6. Got any photos? I would be interested in the "R" and "L" lug nuts if it has wire wheels and the light switch at the base of the steering column. Looks like this...

post-37352-143138842589_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138842591_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Thanks, Keiser....

I don't know what to take photos of, as it is really in a LOT of baskets. I have several lug nuts, some useable, some not. How many do you need? The light switch is still on the end of the steering column.

This was a running, driving car when it was dissembled about 10 years ago, with 41K miles.

I could use as many good lug nuts as you have. The light switch should come off with the removal of one nut and 6 wire connections. Maybe a shot of each basket will help us to see what you have there. If you decide to post photos, limiting the photo pixel sizes to 2000 pixels at the most in both directions will help.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

OK Guys,

I am getting some interest in some of these parts, and that is good. :D

The big question is how in the world do I price these fairly to you all? Naturally, I would like to maximize my investment, but I do NOT want to be greedy. How does one go about deciding what each little part is worth? I totally understand I might be sitting on that very part to make your piece complete, and I am willing to try my best to establish a fair value.

Help me out, please?

Thomas

bmwdoc@ij.net

For those that have already messaged me about a certain part, I will get those pics out soon. That will probably be tomorrow, as I do have to earn a living. LOL!

Edited by Beemerdoc (see edit history)

OK Guys,

I am getting some interest in some of these parts, and that is good. :D

The big question is how in the world do I price these fairly to you all? Naturally, I would like to maximize my investment, but I do NOT want to be greedy. How does one go about deciding what each little part is worth? I totally understand I might be sitting on that very part to make your piece complete, and I am willing to try my best to establish a fair value.

Help me out, please?

Thomas

bmwdoc@ij.net

Well, I suppose that you could either ask for offers or go to ebay and look under "completed auctions" and see what some of the stuff gets money-wise.

Guest monc440

I would like to buy the driver door, grill shell & radiator. Can I have a price on these?

I sent you an email also but the spam filter here at work kills some replys.

Thanks

Guest slikwillie1965

If you are interested in trading I have a 1950 ford f1 I might be letting go and maybe a 55 Olds . If you want to swap out evenfor all that you have, my truck is somewhat taken apart and I will give you a small block Chevy to go with it.My Olds is a compelete car and will have to work something out on it .

Edited by slikwillie1965
Added more info. (see edit history)

Guest monc440

Thomas

I really want the driver side door, grill shell and maybe the radiator. If I can't find a door I will have to try to make one and I'm not that good.

Please contact me.

Thanks

phone: 5 one 7-914-6876

email: johndarling1972@gmail dot com

Thanks, Guys!

I am a little overwhelmed with all the good response to these parts.

I am trying to get with all of you as fast as possible, and be as fair as possible.

Parts Spoken for as of today:

Bumpers

Hub Caps

Spare tire Hardware

Dash and gauges

Grille, Radiator

Steering column with wheel and switch

Fuel tank cover

Hood

Luggage Rack

Headlights

Number plates

supports for firewall

Visor

Tail light

I have a few more parts that are tentatively requested, either awaiting responses, or waiting for me to get the pics out to you all.

I can be reached at 941-316-9700 Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm Eastern time

Thomas

bmwdoc@ij.net

Edited by Beemerdoc (see edit history)

• 1 year later...