Lincoln Model L Boattail Speedster

ceresma

I see that VOLOCARS has a 26 boattail speedster. I can't find anything about this model except what they have on their website. Does anyone know anything about this model? Is it a real production car or something one off or put together? Does it appear in any sales literature?

Thanks for your help

Mark

• 8 months later...

Your questions will be answered in a book titled Runabouts and Roadsters, by author Bob Stubenrauch. New copy is listed at $157, but you can get good pre-owned copies, with half a dozen listed between $14 and $25. It is a good book, with multiple pictures and a story on each of the featured cars. If you chance not to know how to find these on line, send me a private message. This custom body type was obviously not common, but at least there is one recorded in that book for us. I have a sad recoverable 1926 here to restore, and I shall have to frame and panel a body for it. I first saw one which was not available when I was at university; and it has only taken 50 years to get one for myself.

Regards, Ivan Saxton

• 4 years later...

I know this is late, but I am bored... I think this car is serial number 33503 which is a 1926 type 130 Roadster by Brunn. It used to belong to known lincoln collector Hank Harper.  There were a total of 461 type 130 roadsters built. 

1923 - 48

1924- 188

1925 - 126 

1926- 99

I have seven of them of all years listed in my model L lincoln registry.