South Jersey AACA folks I need your help

Guest 1929model75

Guest 1929model75

I own a 1935 Plymouth that once belonged to Bernie Johnson JR. from Absecon. From what I can see online it looks like he passed away a year ago. I was wondering if he has any Family left that could give me some history on the car. I appreciate your help. Chris

Is it a two door? I remember looking at one in Millville, NJ around 77-78. The guy who sold it was a realtor and he also had a 38 Buick for sale. He only wanted $1000 and $1500 for the buick. I made an offer which he rejected and I called in a few days to look again it was gone. I think it was faded dark blue and it needed a generator. I'm sorry I can't help you more.

Guest 1929model75

Thanks for the replys guys. The car is a rumble seat coupe with dual sidemounts. His obituary said he belonged to the south jersey antique auto club I assumed that was the south Jersey region. Thanks again guys Chris

• 1 month later...

Bernie Johnson was a steeple painter. He painted stuff up high.

He had a bunch of old cars and was working on building his own house. While on the roof he took one step too many backwards and fell off. He was paralyzed from the neck down. This medical problem caused some family troubles. They were divorced a long time ago so I do not know what she might know about the car.

I saw his wife like 2 or 3 years ago at a local meet in Northfield. They were active members in the Jersey Cape region AACA, she might be a member now. I have not done anything with the club in almost 10 years so I do not know who is still involved.

My parents were friends of theirs at the time and that is how I know some details.