Can someone tell me what this is?

Guest prs519

Years ago, I came upon this little pedestal with 3 facetted lenses. I believe it to be a dash light, or conceivably, a license plate light with an early effort to achieve directional signalling if it were mounted dead center on a trunk. It is stamped K-D 29. I was thinking KD was a wellknown supplier of aftermarket accessories. It appears like the pedestal base end may have been located on an approxiamately 3/4 inch rod, or thin wall pipe, maybe conduit, or something. Then there is a small set screw that tightened the unit. I see no evidence of any light buls or wires, but I suspect pieces may be missing. This is driving me a little crazy. so thanks in advance if any of you guys or gals recognise it.

Perry in Idahopost-59258-143138833692_thumb.jpg

post-59258-143138833695_thumb.jpg

post-59258-143138833698_thumb.jpg

Sure, Paul, I would sell it as long as its worth something to do so. Seems to me that a person having only one of these might as well have none at all. Hopefully, you can mate it up with another one to adorn a car.

My email is prs518@live.com. Just make a fair offer somewhere in the vicinity of market value (which is a total mystery, to me), and we will make a deal.

Thanks guys! I knew I had seen these somewhere in a picture, at least. They give the big sedans sort of a stately look for some reason. Probably cast a nice a glow on a nicely restored vehicle, too. Thanks again,

Perry