HOW LONG HAS YOUR CAR BEEN SITTING?

smithbrother

Put my '41 Roadmaster coupe away at my buddy's place for the winter last weekend (Nov. 3), so it's been sitting a week now, and will be undisturbed till late April, or May.

It was a nice day, after a week and a half of rain, so I quite enjoyed the hour's drive out to the country place. Really hated to put it away this year, as this was the first time it was licensed in about 30 years.

Can't wait for spring!

Keith

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Texas Old Car Guy

How does 65 years sound? That's how long it's been since it was started and driven - here's the story:

Let's help get a Pre-War Buick back on the road and win this contest!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
I am restoring a 1922 Buick 6-cylinder Roadster (model 22-6-44) and have entered a contest sponsored by Liquid Wrench to try and win some $ to aid in its restoration.

All you have to do is click on the following link and then click the button "VOTE FOR THIS ENTRY" - it doesn't cost you a dime and it might help an old
BUICK
win this contest. Seems like most of the other entries are for late model pickups or later model Chevys. As far as I can tell I am the only pre-war car entered. I need my Buick Buddies to lend a hand and get Buela into first place!

&

I bought this car 30 years ago as a "future retirement project" and have had it stored in my barn since 1982; when I bought this barn fresh beauty it still had its Texas 1947 license plate on it and it has been stored in a barn and not started for 65 years. Last year I retired and have disassembled the car and am in the process of restoring it - the engine was frozen and after much effort I finally got it apart. The contest limits me to 700 words to describe my project and only one photo but those of you who have early Buicks know some of my difficulties in finding parts - according to the Buick Club of America there are only three 1922 6-cylinder Buick Roadsters left including mine! I have owned and restored Model A Fords for 40 years and have been spoiled by all the available parts and 1-800 parts dealers - I'm used to dialing 1-800-SENDITTOME and the parts arrive in a couple of days. That sure isn't the case with an early 20's Buick! I have been fortunate to locate three NOS fenders on my 10 trips to Hershey over the past 30 years in anticipation of restoring Buela; I have advertised several times looking for the passenger side rear fender on this forum and also in Hemmings to no avail.

The photos below reflect what Buela looked like when I bought her, the second photo is as she came apart, the third is with some of my grandkids "helping" me take it apart and lastly what it should look like when finished (however I'll go with blackwalls as original).

I would really appreciate your help in getting this PRE-WAR BUICK into first place!

Thanks for your participation!

Fred:o
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<FIELDSET class=postcontent><LEGEND>paperclip.png Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>165080d1354037734t-lets-help-get-pre-war-buick-buela-unrestored-1.jpg 165081d1354037737t-lets-help-get-pre-war-buick-buela-body-off.jpg 165084d1354037977t-lets-help-get-pre-war-buick-22-buick-grandkids.jpg 165085d1354037760t-lets-help-get-pre-war-buick-22-roadster-larry-moats-illinois.jpg </FIELDSET>

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Dave:

Thanks for your help - the contest permits you to vote once PER DAY from each iPhone, iPad, business computer, home computer, etc. until it ends Dec. 29. As the old saying goes, "VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN".:)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->