HOW LONG HAS YOUR CAR BEEN SITTING?

smithbrother

Well I found out that in 1963 there were no stickers just the new plate issued. For 64 you got a 64 sticker and so on... They did the same thing when they issued 56 plates. Then in 57 you got a sticker. That year the color was red with black number.

I pealed the entire stack off of the plates and the last photo shows the 1965 sticker. Perhaps the car sat for a year and then they tagged it in 65 since according to the following stickers it seemed about every other year was skipped and it most likely just sat.

So I would conclude that the story they gave me was most likely accurate.

I have two sets of CA black plates that came from pre-63 cars and they both have '64 stickers on them. I did the same thing you did by peeling everything but the last sticker from both wells. I have never seen a '63 sticker on a black plate only on a yellow one. A late friend of mine actually had a set of yellow plates issued in late '62 and the rear one had one 63 sticker on it and nothing else. It came from a car his dad had bought new in '62. The following year he was issued the black plates.

I don't think any yellow plates were allowed to be on registered cars after 63 in CA. Did you peel the stickers of the right tab well? Maybe there's a 64 lurking underneath?

Currently in California we have what's called the YOM ( Year of Make ) program. The Cliff Note version of this is basically you can use any plate during the issue run but have to have the year sticker on the plate that corresponds to the year your car is. For example, the issue runs in California for the yellow plate went from 56-62 and the black plates went from 63-69 and in 70 the blue plates were started but you could get black in 70 as well for that year so I have been told. The month goes on the left and the year on the right. In 1963 I have now been told that just like in 1956, the 1963 plates had the number 63 stamped into the plates for the start of that issue run. Then the next year you got corresponding current year stickers.

That is interesting your friend had a yellow plate with a 63 sticker as I have never seen a 63 sticker due to the above info. Ah the mystery continues. But with said, there are guys on the internet that make the stickers as well as the plates. Legit? Hmmm. However, according to the California DMV, the stickers have to be original and the plates have to be original not new copies to be legit! Now I suppose some may find an old sticker and copy the serial number of the sticker as well as the plate. I could see that would be feasible as taking off these old stickers is hard to do without destroying them. But the catch is the DMV checks the records for both the plates and the sticker plate and serial numbers before they grant you all the bragging rights to use them. Of course they don't carbon date them for authenticity.

Edited by buick man (see edit history)

OK Guys & Gals,

Here is my third 1958 Buick car & pics.

Dad had purchased a 58 Limited 2 door as an everyday driver (we did not know how low production they were then) early in 1968 for about 75 bucks! It had 85,000 miles on it but performed well getting him back and forth to work 120 miles every day for almost two years before it broke the rear universal joint Xmas of 1969. Being 16, I wanted a car of my own and he offered it to me if together we changed out the u joint. This was no small feat having limited tools (no pun intended) and only a carport to work in.

I drove that car till 1974 and logged approx 60,000 miles on it myself (a really enthusiastic new driver) plus what Dad put on those two years and that 364 never missed a beat. However.... all that diving and being in the salt region of Canada had taken it's toll on the body and..... as previously posted I had a running 58 red convert on the road too so.... no rocket science here, sadly retired the Limited to a barn.

Answered an ad in Cars & Parts regarding a Limited in Cleveland in 1983 and the car was identical to my Limited, colour, options, everything! Problem... while a running car, the guy had the trany rebuilt and when installing it, had connected the linkage backwards on the firewall (found out later) so would jump into reverse right away!!! Decided to take the front clip off to replace the usual under the headlight bad metal panels... marriage, mortgage, kids, life... and here I am today.

BUT........ still have all four 58's !

Rob, thanks for understanding what is going on here. It sounds like your situation is somewhat similar with your car. I think with having driven my cars so long and storage available, for me it has been too easy to say, some day I`ll get to them.

Time is moving on though and with BCA membership, threads like Adams and other technical postings my inspiration has been ignited to get some progress done. It may be slow for awhile but.... baby steps.

As to plate stickers...... my convert has the plates issued on the car still from 1973. That was the last year here in Ontario, Canada that new steel plates were issued yearly. I remember it well as... everyone in the Province had to get their plates on or before Feb 28th. Like all good procrastinators, there I was, sometimes standing in the looong line out the door in the Canadian cold. I like the month of birth sticker system much better!

Pic1 - My Cleveland Limited - 57,000 miles showing on odometer. Before deciding to take front clip off.

Pic2 - Sadly, has become a parts car. Rust was/is so bad the frame comes off in the hand and the truck can be lifted off the frame. Still... many good parts and glass.

Pic3 - One of many storage moves with all three cars. I found many good dry barns and drive sheds, while dusty, saved the bodies. Naturally had to feed the mice but never had any damage or hungry critters.

Doug

BCA# 35039

post-36036-143138844676_thumb.jpg

post-36036-143138844687_thumb.jpg

post-36036-143138844705_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

DOUG, I do like those outrageous Limiteds. I'm actually glad that I've always been constrained for storage space. If not, I'd end up as one of those old coots who leaves his widow with 40 acres of rust and unfinished dreams.

Nice story Doug. I enjoyed the tale.

In the summer of 1973 I was working on a Highway crew doing 50 hours weeks. Good money for the times. My dad and I were driving around one Sunday afternoon and decided to hit the car lots as that was kinda a past time for us sometimes. We pulled into the local Oldsmobile dealership, and went around the back area that was open. Long and behold and I can still remember it like a frozen photo in time. There in the back of the lot was a 1957 Caballero station wagon complete with the accessory optioned roof racks. I had never seen a 57 Buick wagon before. My dad had a 57 special hardtop in the early 60's and a Century Convertible, but I did not even know they had made a station wagon.

We looked it over real good. Red and white cordavene interior in real good shape as was the dash, headliner with chrome spears and a basically real clean engine. Good body and glass. The car in the condition it was in would easily go for $ 16-20K today. I thought what was it doing out here as this is where the junkers sat to wait for the junkman. So with my extra pocket money I decided to call the dealership first thing Monday morning. I asked what was up with the Buick. They had taken it in on a trade but said reverse was out on the transmission and it over heats. I asked was it for sale and they said what would you give for it. I jokingly said $ 50 bucks. The sales guy knew my dad and said sure. I had the money in my pocket and paid him.

The Buick dealership was just done the street so I had them come and get it. They rebuilt the transmission and I put a 1960 Buick radiator in it after flushing the block and it ran real good after that. Seem to remember it had like 54,000 on the odometer at the time. Drove it through college and after. I still can remember the song of the deep but quiet dual exhaust tone as I would drive through local picnic parks and such or go out to the drive-in movies and turn the Buick around and lay in the back and watch the screen. That was truly a nice car. I miss it. :(

But, hey I don't want to Hi Jack the thread here as I digress...

Hey Guys, Thanks.

As one fellow antique car guy told me once, every car has a story. I enjoy hearing (and sharing) stories of others too as to how they came to have theirs and why they like a particular car. To me that is another fun part of this hobby and sometimes leads to finding parts or (god forbid) another car!

Rob, there is a lot of truth in your statement!

Being closer to 60 than 50 now (NOT that this should be considered an old coot - ha ha) I remember saying to my father about his 1928 Whippet, You should really think about getting her finished so you can enjoy driving it. He was 62 when I said this (bought the car in 1968 and this was 25 years later) as a project and I made the point that when he reached the age of 80, here in Ontario, we have to write our drivers license again and every two years thereafter. What if he did not pass for whatever reason and never get to drive the car?

WELL...History is repeating itself when my son said almost the same thing to me at Xmas!!!!! YIKES! So..... time to get things moving again.

Her are a couple of pictures of the Whippet that had sat rusting away on a beach since around WW2 escaping the scrap drive, saved by a few and reworked some before Dad bought it with new wood, used wheels, used engine and old tires. Notice my now parts car Limited in the background?

After giving me this car (and two other antiques) this past June, I had the honour and extreme pleasure to take him and the car to the Ypsilanti Orphan car show in September. Great day and memory of the smile on Dad's face. He will be 88 soon and losing his license due to his eyesight.

post-36036-143138845437_thumb.jpg

post-36036-143138845439_thumb.jpg

Doug, awesome and scary at the same time! It is great that you both got the pleasure of working on and driving the car before the enevitable occurs..losing your license!

Like you said, your son gave you the gentle but swift "kick in the pants" about your car. I guess it is time to make a move forward. At least you have a personal boneyard to pick from, which is a great option to have, not to mention some really nice rides!

Keep the inspiration up and soon it will turn to perspiration on the restoration.

Jim, scary IS right! or... maybe a bit of mid life crisis going on?!?

I never stopped going to swap meets while the cars were on or off the road all these years so have always been on the look out for parts that I know will be necessary to keep them going. My one son who indeed kicked me in the pants, is going to University here for Mechanical Engineering, has the car disease too and has taken an interest in the Buicks. We have spent some time together recently going through the very full garage pointing out and now labeling what goes where just in case... and to figure out what might still be needed to starting the lets call it, "resurrection process" for now.

Persperation, being self employed, has never been an issue but in this case means progress and accomplishment. Maybe I will start a thread and post progress like a Adam does with his car, hmmm.....

Well enough about me. To others, How long has YOUR car been sitting?

Doug

BCA# 35039

post-36036-14313884556_thumb.jpg

So..here's the story of "Old Bessie"...

My first car that was mine, was a 1957 Chevy Bel Air - 2 Dr Htp, senior in HS. Great car...302 / 300HP with a Muncie 4spd. A really fun car for a 18 yr old back in '77. I cut my teeth on that car with learning extensive body work (Replaced both full quarter panels, rocker panels, trunk floor) - all with oxy/acetylene and brazing rod. Had to do it cause I didn't have the kind of cash the body shop wanted for the work. Learned how to paint a car on that vehicle and most of my apprentice work. Had the car through college and into my first job and when I first got married. As I owned that car, I thought it would be cool to own a vehicle from every make of GM for 1957..I don't know why, but I am magnetically drawn to that year of vehicles.

Well, back in 1985, I was at work one day, kubbitzing around the coffee machine with a fellow car nut (Model A's - to each his own) when he asked me if I would be interested in an old Buick that his neighbor had and wanted to sell. I asked him what year. Said he didn't know but thought it was s 50's Buick. He wanted $400 for it. I said I would like to look at it (heck - kick the tires, etc). Got to his neighbors house and it was a 1957 Buick..I was elated! One more piece to my GM Puzzle. He had started re storing it (well, like was posted earlier by Rob..it really was a shell and old boxes of parts that he had taken off..) He started it about 5 years earlier and then, like the rest of us, marriage, kids, job - got in the way of the restoration. His wife said it needed to go since he hadn't worked on it in 2 years.

I asked him where he got the car from and the story is very cool. He bought the car from his next door neighbor where he grew up (maybe a mile from his current house). When he was a kid, he would always ask the guy that he would like to buy the car if he ever wanted to sell it. Well, time passes and in 1981m the old man tells the guy the car is his if he wants it. He pays the guy and takes it home.

The interesting thing of the previous owner (old man) is that he lived with his mother next to guy until she died, then he lived alone. He purchased the car new in 1957 from Logan Square Buick in Chicago, and drove it as his daily driver. As he was quite old, he developed cataracts in his eyes and could not see to drive. He had last registered the car in 1965, his last year of driving. From that point on, he would start the car up, let it warm up, then back it up and down the driveway three times a week. The car was always stored outside, since the old man's house did not have a garage. He did this up until he sold it to the guy I bought it from.

Well, when I heard that story, I was dumbfounded! The odometer when I got the car read 15,205 original miles. I was a bit skeptical, but the doors didn't sag when opened and shut and clicked shut nicely. I figured if it was 115,205 the hinge pins would be worn a bit, like my Chevy's were at 95K miles.

Well, on 6-13-85, with $400 handed over to the guy, I was the proud owner of a 1957 Buick Special 2 Door Sedan with the following features: Floor pans completely rusted through (thank you jute backed rubber floor mat in Michigan weather), fried interior top surfaces (thank you clear windshield and back glass and hot sun), boxes of parts, and an engine / fuel pump that shoots gas out into the hood! Man I was in heaven! More to follow...

Here are some pictures of the car when I first got it:

post-65800-143138845595_thumb.jpg

post-65800-1431388456_thumb.jpg

post-65800-143138845607_thumb.jpg

post-65800-143138845611_thumb.jpg

post-65800-143138845616_thumb.jpg

post-65800-143138845621_thumb.jpg

post-65800-143138845625_thumb.jpg

post-65800-143138845633_thumb.jpg

post-65800-14313884564_thumb.jpg

post-65800-143138845647_thumb.jpg

<TABLE id=post999344 class=tborder2 border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD id=td_post_999344 class=alt3>Trying to reinstall all the parts I removed from my 37 Buick 24 years ago to get it rolling. I am sending it out to a local shop for a "Driver restoration". They said that they could have it done for the BCA meet in North Carolina this June. So far this week. Sorted out boxes of new and NOS parts I purchaced over the years,some more than once!... Had to remove the shoes from the left front(locked up) because of broken springs and the right side was adjusted but still a bit of drag. Reinstalled clutch (the original cause of it's lay-up). Last night got the transmission up high enough (with a web sling)to get it on a jack. Hope to install tomorrow. Then the axle and springs.

Larry<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD>user_online.gifreport.gif </TD><TD class=alt3 align=right>progress.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=post999344 class=tborder2 border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD id=td_post_999344 class=alt3>Trying to reinstall all the parts I removed from my 37 Buick 24 years ago to get it rolling. I am sending it out to a local shop for a "Driver restoration". They said that they could have it done for the BCA meet in North Carolina this June. So far this week. Sorted out boxes of new and NOS parts I purchaced over the years,some more than once!... Had to remove the shoes from the left front(locked up) because of broken springs and the right side was adjusted but still a bit of drag. Reinstalled clutch (the original cause of it's lay-up). Last night got the transmission up high enough (with a web sling)to get it on a jack. Hope to install tomorrow. Then the axle and springs.

</TD></TR><TR><TD>user_online.gifreport.gif </TD><TD class=alt3 align=right>progress.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=post999344 class=tborder2 border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD id=td_post_999344 class=alt3>Trying to reinstall all the parts I removed from my 37 Buick 24 years ago to get it rolling. I am sending it out to a local shop for a "Driver restoration". They said that they could have it done for the BCA meet in North Carolina this June. So far this week. Sorted out boxes of new and NOS parts I purchaced over the years,some more than once!... Had to remove the shoes from the left front(locked up) because of broken springs and the right side was adjusted but still a bit of drag. Reinstalled clutch (the original cause of it's lay-up). Last night got the transmission up high enough (with a web sling)to get it on a jack. Hope to install tomorrow. Then the axle and springs.

</TD></TR><TR><TD>user_online.gifreport.gif </TD><TD class=alt3 align=right>progress.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=post999344 class=tborder2 border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD id=td_post_999344 class=alt3>Trying to reinstall all the parts I removed from my 37 Buick 24 years ago to get it rolling. I am sending it out to a local shop for a "Driver restoration". They said that they could have it done for the BCA meet in North Carolina this June. So far this week. Sorted out boxes of new and NOS parts I purchaced over the years,some more than once!... Had to remove the shoes from the left front(locked up) because of broken springs and the right side was adjusted but still a bit of drag. Reinstalled clutch (the original cause of it's lay-up). Last night got the transmission up high enough (with a web sling)to get it on a jack. Hope to install tomorrow. Then the axle and springs.

</TD></TR><TR><TD>user_online.gifreport.gif </TD><TD class=alt3 align=right>progress.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>I bought my 1937 Buick model 41 in Feb 1987. Had a glorious 57 mile drive home from Holidaysburg,Pa where I purchaced it. That is till I reached the intersection of Rt 915 and Rt 30 when the clutch blew out! Very embarassing roll-back ride home. I was going to suprise my parents who were comming for a visit. I guess I did! The next day a friend and I pushed it into the garage and other than putting it on jack stands. It hasn't moved since! Fast forward to Feb 2012.... Trying to reinstall all the parts I removed from my 37 Buick 24 years ago to get it rolling. I am sending it out to a local shop for a "Driver restoration". They said that they could have it done for the BCA meet in North Carolina this June. So far this week. Sorted out boxes of new and NOS parts I purchaced over the years,some more than once!... Had to remove the shoes from the left front(locked up) because of broken springs and the right side was adjusted but still a bit of drag. Reinstalled clutch (the original cause of it's lay-up). Last night got the transmission up high enough (with a web sling)to get it on a jack. Hope to install tomorrow. Then the axle and springs.

Guest Rob McDonald

LARRY, good for you, getting back out to the shop and your '37. The distraction you brought home last fall, your '25, does not have to relegate the other Buick to limbo. Keep us posted on your progress on the one, while telling us how much fun you're having driving the other. You've got the best of both ends of the hobby.

Hello, my name is MrEarl, and I have BADD. (Buick Attention Deficit Disorder) Every time I buy a Buick and start working on it, my attention is drawn to another one and I purchase it. That coupled with Buick Garden projects and keeping the Buick Garden grounds maintained has caused to many projects to sit far longer than I care to even think about. But all that will change when I retire next year. I will be broke but have plenty of time to get every one of them on the road.

X 2 or is it X 10 (projects!) My Buick Garden got thoroughly ignored last year as I got married and moved from maintenance -free condo living to a house! Now back to the Wildcats and GS projects. # 1 is a 65 Skylark Gran Sport that has been dormant since '84. Sat in Cali without engine till 2004, now it has engine, trans, interior , paint...just a lot of electrical, brakes and dash to assemble.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Most recent driven would have been October / November...winter has actually finally arrived in these parts of late. I bought the Wildcat in 1993...restoration began in 2005 and drove it in 2006. I bought the Invicta in 2000 (I think) and it still patiently awaits restoration. The other projects have sat for less time.

• 1 month later...
Guest 68 Buick 3369

Hmmm, the first time or the second time, lol. The first time it sat for eight years, the frame buried in mud. My brother-in-law got it running in about half an hour and had it towed home. That was in 1988. I bought it from my dad for $200 in '90, swapped out the 250-6 for a Buick 350-2 in '91, drove it for ten years and due to financial problems it sat for ten years and the same brother-in-law got it running again last year. I'm now in a better financial situation to really start on the restoration.

Well, my wife has a 1968 Wildcat convert that was last driven in 1986. It broke down one day, and was put away (covered storage), till we bought it in 2010. I got it running well, but since its' been an Ontario car all its' life, it has the rust that goes with life up here.

It's patiently awaiting my attention after my '41 Roadmaster is done.

Keith

I see the light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully it's not the headlight of an oncoming train.

My 65 Electra Conv. is almost ready. I bought it in 1973, my junior year in HS. didn't even have a drivers license but I had a car. Daily driver for 6 years and then I went to pick it up from having body work done on it and the engine was blown. Of course they denied ever driving it. Number 7 rod was snapped and section of the cam was missing. About 6 years ago I finally got a few extra bucks and found the time to start restoring. Little by little most thngs have been addressed. Made a spray both a few weeks ago and painted it back to Seafoam Green Met. and tonight I put the rear bumper on. I've got 3 of the 6 brake lights working so far.....that's legal right. Headlights, license plate light and backups all work now too. Hope to get the front bumper on by Saturday and take it on the road. Since I only have one old bucket seat bolted to the floor there will be no passengers for while. I've have YOM plates and the insurance started up yesterday. The reupholstered seats and door panels are not in yet because I haven't put the new conv. top on. It'll be a lot easier to install it without any seats in the car. It came in last week and sure looks nice. Got to wait till my friend has time to help me in mid May.

It may not be pretty just yet, but with a bit of luck it will see the road.

• 3 months later...

WEELLLL..........

While the Special is "STILL" sitting...... I did manage to clean all the stuff off her that had accumulated over time and around her enough to actually have room to attempt to get at the brakes! Didn't take a picture before (too embarrassed). I even finally found the rebuilt power brake/booster that I thought was in the trunk but actually in the basement at home. The car is in the garage at my rental and while not too far away, need to keep parts together for the car they fit.

So, the summer is almost gone and obviously not going to be driving it too soon but .... small steps.

Guest shadetree77

Pete you just described the steps to the "I Own an Old Buick" dance. I've been dancing that particular jig for over a year now and it's just starting to pay off. Keep the faith brother!! It'll happen!

Guest morerevsm3

my father drove the '27 to a vintage rally in 2000, it broke down on the way home, it sat in his shed, not going until he passed away in may this year, I now have it up and running again, and drove to a vintage vehicle club meeting 20 miles away on an interstate highway Sunday

• 2 weeks later...

I have known my '71 since it was new. It was purchased at Lindeman Buick in Westfield, MA by some friends of my uncles. I have the original title and dealer purchase order. They sold it to my uncle in January 1980 when it had 40K on it. My uncle used it as his primary car until 1983 when he purchased a '78 AMC Concord with 6K miles from an elderly friend. He said the Buick used too much gas, but he kept it, using it occasionally in the summer. In the fall of '85, he had an accident with the Concord so drove the Buick to Florida for the winter of '85-'86. Upon returning home, he had the Concord fixed and the Buick went back to occasonal summer use. In 2000, my uncle decided to sell his home at the lake and move to an assisted living facility. He had no place to keep the Buick, so gave it to me. As I mentioned in a previous post, it has some issues now so the last 2-3 years, I've only put 100 miles a year on it. It had 106,600 miles on it in May 2000 and now has 112,278 miles on it. I've put about 50 miles on it since April, just starting it up and running around town. I last had it out of the garage about a month ago when I decided to give it a good bath. I'd love to have it fixed up so I felt more comfortable taking it out on the road.

• 2 months later...

Hi, Dale, I had a double bypass. Going in I thought of a close friend who had been through it and it gave me a lot of confidence. I was braced for a lot of pain the second week and never felt a bit. I am walking about 3 miles a day now and hovering around 203-204 pounds from about 250, maybe 255.

The only real problem is catching hell from my accountant. She doesn't understand how much business you drum up at three trade organization meetings a month; all buffets at generous places.

Good luck,

Bernie- in the 34 waist Goldschmied jeans and the 16.5 Prada shirt (added a new hobby)

Guest shadetree77

Dale, I wish you the best my friend. We'll miss your "great posts" as well. I'm sure you'll be back in no time though. Get well soon and drop us a line whenever you can!

Hey Dale,

Sorry I just caught this post tonight. I hope all went well this morning. You're in my thoughts buddy....

Oh by the way, how long has my car been sitting? 11 months, 3 days and 10 hours since restoration began. Good news is, I should be test cranking soon : )

Heal up fast, we need those quippy Dale in Indy replies!

Hey there Dale, Just like Anderson, I just saw this tonight. I hope things went well today, and that you are back with us soon. Prayers coming your way for the best.

PS: my cars have been sitting two weeks now. I'm getting jittery to get them back out again.

I am HOME......no place like home, huh...

Weak dye was injected in an effort to lower the risk of kidney issues, something I didn't know. They had an operation room ready next door in case I needed open heart work, but thank the good Lord that didn't happen.

All 3-by passes, and 2-stints look as good as the day they were put in place. GREAT NEWS. The bad, isn't all that BAD, the fact that I tire easy is something that can't be fixed, doctor said this issue isn't a killer, I am trying a new drug that has helped many with this problem, so we will see. He laughed, and said, now you have an excuse, NOT to dig ditches, unload trucks, etc.

He went on to say, you know your body, and adjust, it isn't that hard to do.

Also he said my heart is pumping very near to normal, and said that is very good, so I'M HAPPY.

Thanks to you all for your comments/prayers.

Dale in Indy

I like that you like stories. I've thrown in a few of them since I joined today. The '48 Buick sedan quit running and the pistons have bonded (talk about anchor weight! It's Redi-Strip dip time!). It has been resting since about 1989. There's a Roady 2-door out here in this desert, and when I find and buy it (with, what? Money?), it will become a yellow convertible with red interior (no surprises there). And parts left over: I really would like a forest green woody, too. . . . BTW, my '57 CAD conv. was parked about 30 years ago. I just don't like rushing into these car projects. . . .

Two weeks ago we took a nice leaf peeping ride in the Smoky Mountains. When we bought it in 1996, it didn't run. After a few days of tinkering, the old straight 8 fired up and drove. Although exhaust pressuer would build up and shoot flaming balls of mouse nests out the tail pipe. From that time on all during the restoration it never went more than 2 months without being fired up. Completed ater 3 1/2 years, it's stayed a usable vehicle for the last 13 years.

post-32318-143139242186_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

My Toadsmasher will come back to the garage this weekend, after summer storage at a neighbour's. I've got to round up a half dozen burly types to push it three doors up the lane. 1:00pm Sunday, for those of you available. =>:^]

Rob, are you finally going to dust off the Craftsman tool kit and take wrench to said Buick? We will definitely need documentation on that, so get the camera crew out there for this historic event...that will need to be posted on this or a brand spanking new thread..maybe a tribute to Neil Young...Hey Hey My My..Old Roadmasters Never Die.:)

I am HOME......no place like home, huh...

Weak dye was injected in an effort to lower the risk of kidney issues, something I didn't know. They had an operation room ready next door in case I needed open heart work, but thank the good Lord that didn't happen.

All 3-by passes, and 2-stints look as good as the day they were put in place. GREAT NEWS. The bad, isn't all that BAD, the fact that I tire easy is something that can't be fixed, doctor said this issue isn't a killer, I am trying a new drug that has helped many with this problem, so we will see. He laughed, and said, now you have an excuse, NOT to dig ditches, unload trucks, etc.

He went on to say, you know your body, and adjust, it isn't that hard to do.

Also he said my heart is pumping very near to normal, and said that is very good, so I'M HAPPY.

Thanks to you all for your comments/prayers.

Dale in Indy

Great to hear that news Dale!

BTW: It is not usually the disease state that harms us as much as it is the Allopathic doctor's approach and their pharmaceutical treatment methods. I would advise you look into Natural Male Hormone replacement therapy and Chelation Therapy thru a D.O. or Homeopathic Physician. I did and have never needed looked back. These on-going therapies help rebuild and maintain the circulatory system naturally and treat the cause and not the symptoms.