Info wanted on horn/light combo from my '30 Dodge Bros. DA Deluxe Coupe

Guest danceswithpumps

Guest danceswithpumps

I would like to know if anyone has any info on this light/horn combo that was mounted in front of the windshield on a 1930 Dodge Brothers DA Deluxe coupe when my Dad bought it in 1951. It does not have any markings or numbers on it that I can find. It is probably a 6 volt. It measures 2 3/4 in. diameter, 5 1/4 in. long and 3 in. tall. I don't know if it is a DB option or an after market add on. I think it's kind of unique to be, I believe, a horn/light combo, as the inner part resembles a horn. The lens is missing but believe it was convex and glass. Here are some pics.

Thanks for your help.:)

Rod van Pelt

20120205092024.jpg

20120205091726.jpg

20120205091717.jpg

20120205091647.jpg

Edited by danceswithpumps (see edit history)

I would guess that it is a much later add-on, almost certaintely not a period correct aftermarket add-on and certaintely not a D.B piece of equipment.

These cars that had the horn wire running through the column had a tendancy of shorting out either inside the column at the wheel itself or as it passed thru the metal loom holder up by the horn.

Chances are maybe this is what happened.

Not a very well thought out piece as I am sure that the blaring vibration from the horn would make quick waste of the bulb.

Guest danceswithpumps

Could be a bicycle part. It is, however, made of heavy pot metal instead of light weight tin usually found on bikes. It weighs 1 lb. and takes a threaded base bulb. The only thing I can read on the base of the broken bulb is "MAZDA" and possibly "15".

20120205130724.jpg

20120205125046.jpg

Rod:)