Any photographs of floor board?

Guest Harry Connors

Guest Harry Connors

Does anyone have any photographs of the floorboards from the door posts forward, especially of next to the side panels from a 1941 Lincoln Continental? Or from a 1948 Connie? The parts book shows the panel to have different parts numbers but that could be due to the different transmissions (thanks John Murphy) rather than the size. The floor boards on mine are fine six inches away from the side panels but there is nothing but hole next to the side panel. Thanks for any assistance. My email connors@online.de if you want to send directly. Harry

Guest Harry Connors

Thanks Tom, should you make any photographs I just need the part next from the door post (where the doors are hung from) forward, especially next to the side wall. My floor is solid eight inches away from the sides; next to the side panels there are a lot of air spaces that you can look through. The middle part where the transmission cover mounts is also in excellent condition. If the idiot had not used the building foam I am sure the area next to the side panels would not have rotted. Harry

OK,,here are some photos I just took Harry, if you need more or different, let me know. It looks like a kid with a hacksaw cut the part away where you get to the hinge, but that's how they did it back then. That white "X" is an original chalk mark but who knows what it is there for, maybe the kid with the hacksaw did it.:)

Tom

post-55048-143138830008_thumb.jpg

post-55048-143138830019_thumb.jpg

post-55048-14313883003_thumb.jpg

post-55048-14313883004_thumb.jpg