2013 Glidden

WireWheel

CharlieF, Your answer is for the 2012 Glidden. I have information on it. I was asking about the 2013 Glidden. I read that it is in New England but do not know what state of city. I have been on three tours in Vermont and I would not want to repeat what I have done.

• 5 months later...
Guest daytona

Why the change?? Does anyone know of any tours in the New England area that I could do with my 30 Cadillac?? I was looking forward to the Vermont Glidden tour as I have never toured and bought this car to tour, installed overdrive and lots of other work and now they moved it farther than I will go, oh well. I always wondered who ran the Glidden and how do they pick the area for it??

The AACA Vintage Tour will be held on July 14-19, 2013 in Frederick Co., Maryland. The Vintage Tour is for Pre-1932 vehicles. The AACA Sentimental Tour is scheduled for September 8-12, 2014, and will go through Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusettes. It is open to cars from 1928-1958.

The Glidden Tour is hosted alternately by the AACA and VMCCA. For the AACA, a Region presents a bid to host the tour, and it is voted on by the Board of Directors. I'm sure it's similar for the VMCCA.

The reason for the change was that the host region in Vermont felt with that with one of their key leaders moving out of state that they did not have sufficient resources to provide a first class tour for our participants. It is unfortunate but the new region handling the tour will do a great job.