1941 Cadillac by Brunn?

Grandpa

Cadiillac didn't use swept fenders into the door until '42 and those were pontoon like in appearance, which were not very attactive IMO. Luckily the 75 series didn't grow them.

The Bruun car is very attractive design. Too bad Cadillac didn't adopt the style for the fender treatment. It would have made them much classier.

I tried a google search for Bruun bodied Cadillacs but didn't get anything and the image search went totally fubar.

There are several deferrences between the production 1941 Cadillac Series 62 sedan and the car pictured, in addition to the front fenders - - -

• No ornament grill on the side of the hood

• No fender ornaments

• Special rocker panel molding & special fender skirt molding

• Chrome rear fender gravel shield

• Trunk lid hinges moved from the outsie to the inside of the body

Grandpa

• 4 weeks later...

One of the attached images compares the 1941 60 Special with the unknown car. I would say that they are close, but not the same. The most noticeable difference is that the hood on the unknown car extends back to the windshield.

The most likely starting point car for the restyled car is a 1942 Cadillac Series 62 sedan (image attached). Note that the hood extends much closer to the windshield.

Grandpa

Yes the 42 you show is undoubtedly a 60S. It has all the extra trim not seen on the lesser models.

Grandpa, I believe you are correct that the car in question is based on a 42 the comparisons you made between the two cars pointed out some obvious features only found on the 42 and newer body.