got to love NJ

Guest mid life crisis

Guest mid life crisis

i have a 90 convertible insured as a classic.2500 miles a year to show and go.

recently i got another 90 coupe(both red) for the girlfriend to go with me.

i insured it with regular basic coverage(not full coverage)much to my surprise the bill is over 1000 a year.

i was told its a sportscar.......a 6 cylinder? should i sell it?it has 67,ooo miles and sunroof.

Guest mid life crisis

the girlfriend is hot like the reatta

she has nice curves like the reatta

she is a model...like the reatta

has a clean record and is 46 and is a classic!!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

I have 4 vehicles, full coverage on 3 with $1000 deductibles all around. 37 year old single male, very good driving record. As can be seen in my signature, I have a 1988 and 1991 Reatta, and a 1995 Sedan Deville. 4th vehicle (not listed as it is not interesting at all) is a 1995 Ford E-350 1 ton van, this has liability coverage only.

For this "fleet" I am at about $1600 a year all in on insurance. Makes me sick to type that number, but $1000 for 1 Reatta for a 46 year old female with a clean record is obscene. Of course, you are in New Jersey. That east coast cost of living is a bad mother, but I cannot believe it should be that much. And to call the Reatta a sports car is like calling chess a sport. Come on, they must be joking. And your premium is the punch line I might add.

Shop the policy around - find an independent agent who quotes/writes coverage from multiple carriers, that is what I do. If you can't do better on the premiums, consider how much a hot girlfriend is worth, and maybe that'll make it easier to deal with. Of course, I don't do relationship advice, I just like to talk about cars and electronics (well and a few other things that mostly bore people to death).

KDirk

"Re: I was told its a sportscar . . . . . . a six cylinder?"

I've heard this as well from my insurance company (Erie) . . . they claim that the horsepower to weight ratio places the Reatta into the sports car category. I believe that's a reflection of how the auto insurance companies analyzed risk in the late 80's/early 90's. Fortunately Erie's rates are reasonable as I wasted my breathe trying to convince them that its not a high performance sports car!

Guest Richard D

I have State Farm for my Reatta, Haggerty for the Skylark. State Farm has been great, around$600.00 a year with an agreed total value of $5,000. Only claim was a windshield, replaced next day at my home for $1,800.00 My cost $0.00