30's, 40's, 50's and 60's CAR COLLECTION

Hey Guy's, I went and visited a friend today and he took me by an old Gentleman's house up the road to look at a 59 Chevy, Well turns out he has lots of very nice and rare old cars back there. He's in his 70's and he is disabled now, so everything but (3) cars must go and he is selling this stuff cheap, I'm sure someone, if not allot of people will get some awesome deals here. I'm not very familiar with allot of these cars and I don't even know what yrs most of these are, but I'm sure allot of you experts will know what you're looking at. If anyone is interested in anything, Please let me know and I will get you in contact with him. Anyway, Here are the pictures I took today.

Cars are located Bakersfield, Ca., Call Jeff 661-900-6699

If anyone is interested in getting in touch with the owner, Please message me and we'll go from there....

Enjoy...

NEW UPDATED AND BETTER PICTURES------> http://www.flickr.com/photos/76424270@N04/

post-82120-143138809667_thumb.jpg

post-82120-143138809673_thumb.jpg

post-82120-143138809679_thumb.jpg

post-82120-143138809684_thumb.jpg

post-82120-143138809689_thumb.jpg

post-82120-143138809693_thumb.jpg

post-82120-143138809698_thumb.jpg

post-82120-143138809702_thumb.jpg

post-82120-143138809707_thumb.jpg

post-82120-143138809712_thumb.jpg

Edited by FORDSTER (see edit history)

A lot of nice stuff there. The owner would probably be best served to call in an auctioneer. Thanks for showing the pictures.The brown coupe is a 36 Olds. I think the gray coupe is a 36 Plymouth, Also there is a 68 Pontiac convertible and a 64 Olds cutlass convertible, plus a 71-72 Buick. That C-cab truck looks like a Ford Model TT and there are two 28-29 Ford Model AAs (1-1/2 ton.

Edited by Dave Mellor NJ (see edit history)

A lot of nice stuff there. The owner would probably be best served to call in an auctioneer. Thanks for showing the pictures.The brown coupe is a 36 Olds. I think the gray coupe is a 36 Plymouth, Also there is a 68 Pontiac convertible and a 64 Olds cutlass convertible, plus a 71-72 Buick. That C-cab truck looks like a Ford Model TT and there are two 28-29 Ford Model AAs (1-1/2 ton.

Thanks Dave, You really seem to know your stuff.... I will pass that info onto him, I just want to help out anyone looking for a new project and a great price.

Hello there,

A lot of new projects to be started, I'm interested in 36' Oldsmobile or 36' Plymouth.

In one of the posts I saw a Dodge as well ?Are there any Dodge coupe ?

Do you have an idea about price ?

George, I'm gonna be going back in a few days and getting a list of what cars he has, in the mean while, I can get you his number and you can get in touch with him, Please message me if you're interested.

Thank you.

Guest Rob McDonald

Wow, this old fellow has fine taste in cars. That many coupes and convertibles are a rare find in the usual Back Forty. An MGA was even hiding in there. I agree, an auction would bring him better returns and be much less personal hassle, while returning this remarkable collection back into the hobby.

Wow, this old fellow has fine taste in cars. That many coupes and convertibles are a rare find in the usual Back Forty. An MGA was even hiding in there. I agree, an auction would bring him better returns and be much less personal hassle, while returning this remarkable collection back into the hobby.

Yes Rob, He has a pretty nice collection.... Hows does one go about getting in contact with an Auctioneer and how does that work?

There's an auctioneer named Yvonne Vanderbrink who does a lot of these type auctions. You could probably find her on the Google or look in Old Cars Weekly or Hemmings. It would be nice to follow through with the requests from here first,though. Also, that yellow cutlass convertible is a 67 not a 64 and there looks like a second Model T or TT, with the white fenders.

A lot of interesting cars and trucks. While it is possible to find the wrong auctioneer, and the vehicles have been out in the weather awhile, maybe a well-promoted auction could be in the best interest of this friend of a friend. I think an auctioneer that couldn't net this person a check for at least 5 or 10 grand should turn in his license.

Hi Everyone, I want to apologize to everyone that has inquired about these car either here or by PM, I haven't replied, because I hadn't heard anything from the gentlemen since the day I took the pictures, Well I heard from him today, Turns out his Mother passed this morning, but he is still 100% ready to sell these cars and they must go.

I will reply with to all PM's and will have a telephone number by tomorrow, Thank you Guys.

There's an auctioneer named Yvonne Vanderbrink who does a lot of these type auctions. You could probably find her on the Google or look in Old Cars Weekly or Hemmings. It would be nice to follow through with the requests from here first,though. Also, that yellow cutlass convertible is a 67 not a 64 and there looks like a second Model T or TT, with the white fenders.

I am NOT speaking for Yvette, but she is a midwestern auctioneer. I am not sure she would go to CA for a 40 car collection. Maybe if it's larger.

I am very interested in the 36 Oldsmobile as I have been looking for a pre WWII Oldsmobile. Please put me in line and provide his phone number and name to me when you can.

My biggest concern is on site logistics. I am in Iowa. If I were to pay him his asking price, I would need to arrange transport. These cars looked packed in there. Unless he has helpers, I am not sure how this would work.

An auction is best to remove the cars quickly and by other persons efforts. But then these cars will likely stay in CA.

Hey Guys... Just wanted to let eveyone know that's all these cars are still available, non have sold. I spoke with Jeff today and to my surprise he said only (1) person has called... If anyone is interested in any of these cars, Please call... Jeff will help with the removal of the cars, I received sooooo many messages, I'm shocked only (1) person has called... Great deals here folks.

Hey Guys... Just wanted to let eveyone know that's all these cars are still available, non have sold. I spoke with Jeff today and to my surprise he said only (1) person has called... If anyone is interested in any of these cars, Please call... Jeff will help with the removal of the cars, I received sooooo many messages, I'm shocked only (1) person has called... Great deals here folks.

:eek::eek:

• 1 month later...