Pop's Pudddle Jumper

bechrbotmdolr

This was taken around 1936 in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Pop Built this puddle jumper and I would like to know what chassis it is. Was this converted to 4wd? It has a flat bed on the back with a box sitting on the bed just behind the seat. The other thing at the back I think is a box sitting on the ground behind the "jumper". What is on top of the radiator? What is just behind the radiator? And , finally, What is that "bottle" on top of the engine at the rear? I know the "jumper" probably has major mods but any help would be greatly appreciated. I might buy a 1:24 scale model that would have a chassis close to this and try to duplicate this puddle jumper. Thanks in advance.

post-77033-143138808725_thumb.jpg

Looks like a 1926 or 1927 Model T Ford to me. The radiator has a cap with a "dog bone" handle and Motor Meter which gave the temperature of the water. Does not look to be four wheel drive. The item behind the radiator may be a gas can since I see no fuel tank.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I agree with the 26/27 Ford identity. Must have a distributer system, no ciol box on top of engine. No visible gas tank, may be next to the radiator hose. The radiator cap looks like a dog-bone style with a motometer on it. Straight brake rods are 26/27. That bottle on top of the engine could be a coil for the distributer. Just guessing however. Nice photo!