5 door 1930 buick

Guest bikrbil

Guest bikrbil

Hi Folks, I have 1930 Buick I need help identifying. It is long and has 4 doors on the right side and 1 on the left. The serial number is 2451909 Any help would me much appreciated.

Bill

Guest bikrbil

I have searched the internet and have not seen another one like it. It is a 12 passenger with wicker seats. It runs good and I can't wait to start on it.

This sort of vehicle was quite common as an intercity bus in that era. Perhaps you should start enquiring in the historic bus scene. Buicks and Studebakers were some of the more common makes. See if your local library has a book on old buses. Does it still have its original Buick id plate on the firewall?

Buick supplied 924 bare Series 60 chassis that year - 1930 Buick Cars - Over 10,000 Remarkable Cars and Trucks at RemarkableCars.com - and I guess this might have been one of them.

Are you sure it is a 1930 Buick? From what I can see of the body, the area around the windshield is not 1930 Buick which leads me to suspect that the whole body might be custom-built.

Edited by nzcarnerd (see edit history)

Guest bikrbil

As far as I know, The title say 1930 and the serial numbers match. i did not see a id plate on the firewall. Where is it located?

bikrbill,

Here is a photo (not very good) of a Buick Bus I personally rode in when it was in the hands of a fellow Car Club Member. It currently is owned by a bus company here in Canada who fully restored it outwardly including the wicker seats but believe they had to change the motor to a more modern unit. I'm pretty sure it had air brakes also. If you Google Chatham Coach Lines you will see more info. You might even contact them to see what info they have on Buick Buses.

Good luck with yours. I think it is a great piece of automobile history! You know you will have lot's of friends when you go out for a drive!

Doug

post-36036-143138802465_thumb.jpg

If it has hydraulic brakes and column shift, maybe all of its mechanicals have been updated at some stage. Does it still have its original Buick 6 engine? This engine was used in several models of GM Yellow Coach buses in the early 1930s while Buick went into straight eights for their cars.

Bill,

Compound carburetion was used by Buick in 1941 & 1942. Post the engine S/N and the engine year can be determined. The engine S/N can be found on the right side of the engine near the front of the starting motor.

My failing memory recalls that Buick didn't have a straight eight until 1931.

Grandpa

Guest bikrbil

Thanks guys for all the great information. I am fortunate enough to have room to work on it and a way to transport it. I never have enough time, but I do have a great support crew (wife and Kids) Saturday I make the decision on if I want to tackle it or not and If we can agree on the price. I will let you all know how it washes out.

Thanks again,

Bill

Guest Mark Rodgers

I sent you a PM. Here is a photo of one of my cars. It's a 1934 Sayers and Scovill with a Buick 90 engine and trans. It has has 8 lug wheels and a truck suspension.

• 2 weeks later...

A question for Mark Rodgers. The vehicle you show seems to have a '32 Buick radiatir shell and hood. I must confess I am not all that familiar with Sayers and Scovill, so I will do some digging. The front fenders seem to be '34.

I would love to see more photos.

John