Help I.D. my grandfather's old car

Guest provideo

Guest provideo

eslieles.jpg

This is the only photo I have of my dad standing on the running board of his dad's car. Does anyone know what make and model this car is?

My dad was born in 1925 and he looks to be 4 or 5 years old in this photo. So the photo must be from around 1929 or 1930.

Thanks,

Mike Pruitt

Oklahoma

• 1 month later...

I don't know what kind of car this is, but I don't think it's a Buick. If you look closely at the photo of the '26 Buick posted, it does not have those hard, angular corners on the radiator. Buick had a much more softly curved radiator/hood design at that time, that eventually got them in trouble with Packard for looking a bit too Packard-like. I'm guessing this is a much less common car than a Buick.

Looks like a 1926 Buick.

Grandpa

The car in question does not match the rendering of the Buick. The reveal that goes from the edge of the hood goes straight back and not curved up to the windshield.

Well, I think IT IS Buick as suggested 1927 Standard Six. The odd corner on the radiator looks like something (somebody?) has been cut out of the original picture - pre-photoshop job :-) Observe carfully the right upper corner of the picture, something (a tree? disliked person?) has been erased there...

Edited by pepcak (see edit history)

If looking at the rear wheel hub there are 12 bults on this Standard model,and Master only have 6 bult outside the hub.When looking at a Master model in those years there are 12 bults on front wheel hub, and 6 bults on rear wheel hub.Standard models have 12 bolts both in front and rear wheel hubs.And this Buick 1927-26 or 1927-26S don`t have the oval side glass as the model 26 in 1926 have.That seems to be the differens on 1926 and 1927 model 26.

Leif in Sweden.

Well, I think IT IS Buick as suggested 1927 Standard Six. The odd corner on the radiator looks like something (somebody?) has been cut out of the original picture - pre-photoshop job :-) Observe carfully the right upper corner of the picture, something (a tree? disliked person?) has been erased there...

Looks like smoke on the right side of the photo.