1936 dodge d-2 engin ID

amigo

I have a 1936 dodge im rebuilding I received the car as an unfinished project and was wondering if it was the right motor I have another 1936 original car and the thermostat housing is different the one on the project comes up straight where all 1936"s that ive seen have a slight slant . The number under the started and on the block is 6333289-6 the number on the top left of the block just before the head id D-223942 can anyone help ?

Reference book I have has the same Engine Numbers listed for '36 D2 that keiser31 spoke of. The casting number on my engine is as in the photo attached. The casting number really doesn't do much for you. (The most important number for you is the Serial Number on the right front "A" pillar).

The car's original Engine Number is stamped on the frame also - but not at all easy to get to! :rolleyes:

Also - your casting number has the -6 . Don't know why the casting numbers change a bit. The block casting number shown on the photo below is from an engine with an ID# of D2-97_ _ _ and the casting number ends with a -3. Hmmm... :confused:

post-67404-143138795263_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143138795274_thumb.jpg

post-67404-143138795287_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1936 D2
Chrome crash while adding photos (see edit history)

Couple different places depending on model. The 7 Passenger Sedan (limo) has it on the left outside of the frame, near the top, under the rocker panel for the LR door threshold. The Sedans (and possibly the Coupes) have it on the left outside of the frame near the top of the LR kick-up and also covered by body panel sheet metal. Usually these numbers can only be found when the body is off the frame. :( There are stamping die alignment holes near by in the frame.

• 2 years later...

Go to the base Forum page for the "Dodge and Dodge Brothers" forum entry listings. It is on the top above the first Forum item. It is to the left right below the advertisement at the top of the "Dodge and Dodge Brothers" page.

If you are using "Tapatalk" on a cell it ("New Topic") will be right across the top, again, on the "Dodge and Dodge Brothers" base page.

Edited by 1936 D2 (see edit history)

Hello, thank you for the reply. I would love to start a new thread, however, I am new to this forum and I do not see the option anywhere to do so. I am supposed to be able to see a box with a +create a new post. I do not have that.

This fourm gets an F on how to start a new thread no doubt

Reference book I have has the same Engine Numbers listed for '36 D2 that keiser31 spoke of. The casting number on my engine is as in the photo attached. The casting number really doesn't do much for you. (The most important number for you is the Serial Number on the right front "A" pillar).

The car's original Engine Number is stamped on the frame also - but not at all easy to get to! :rolleyes:

Also - your casting number has the -6 . Don't know why the casting numbers change a bit. The block casting number shown on the photo below is from an engine with an ID# of D2-97_ _ _ and the casting number ends with a -3. Hmmm... :confused:

What kind of generator is that ?

Yes. That is what the Forums are for. But it is worthwhile to read the Forum rules before starting. All Forums have the same etiquette. New subjects need new threads. They all work the same. This is mainly for the benefit of the person starting the new thread. Their question can be searched and interested parties can then follow or chime in. If in someone else's unrelated thread, the new question can be missed and will have a minimum following.

The other issue is that "120mm" had a nice thread going following the story of his restoration. Over the recent past, three people have hijacked that "story" with unrelated content. Very disturbing to that story for us following it as an example.

"amigo's" thread here was concerning Engine Numbers and not the question of Serial Numbers.

Any new thing that someone takes on they should look up how to use it and then have at it with gusto and confidence. Plus ultimately they will have better results.

Concerning "kevinsrods" initial entry, I have been in contact with him both on his "New Post" he started and by personal email per his request. I think he is getting some good responses via both of those routes now.

Edited by 1936 D2 (see edit history)