WTB 1928 - 1931 Indian 101 Scout

dpeeler

Looking for an older correct restoration that I can gently ride and enjoy. Must be matching numbers - a known history is a plus. I am a collector (with a very understanding wife!), not a flipper, and take pride in maintaining what I have in driveable condition. Will pay a fair number for the right Indian.

Thanks,

David Peeler

Charlotte, NC

704-564-5468

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

why not join the AMCA and attend a few meets? The upcoming annual meet at Oley Pa. at the end of April is a good one. There you might find the bike you want or at least meet someone with one for sale.

There is a dedicated club for the 101. All the major players will be at Oley.

why not join the AMCA and attend a few meets? The upcoming annual meet at Oley Pa. at the end of April is a good one. There you might find the bike you want or at least meet someone with one for sale.

There is a dedicated club for the 101. All the major players will be at Oley.

X2 - 101 Scouts have been and continue to be HIGHLY sought after. So much so that when a nice example becomes available, there is a line of people ready to buy and advertising in open market is not needed. Often this happens within the confines of AMCA membership. They show up on ebay occasionally but unless you have done extensive homework and know what to look for and what questions to ask, a buyer could end up with something that isn't what they expected. Correct original parts for these are crazy expensive and very difficult to fin unless one is well connected in the antique motorcycle world. Maybe you have already studied up on these machines and if so disregard my comments but I can't emphasize enough the need to learn as much as possible before buying.

So the advice is good to start making contacts within AMCA and the national swap meets are indeed a great place to start. The meet in Oley PA is a big one April 24/25, then one in Denton NC 5/15-5/17

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Thanks for all of the advice! I've done quite a bit of homework, but you really never can know as much as you should. I have found that there are a lot of great folks that have 101's (I am a member of the 101 Association and AMCA) that will share what they know about the bike from repairs to part sources.

Still looking for that special bike - leads appreciated!

• 1 year later...
On March 20, 2015 at 7:51 AM, Barry Brown said:

My advice is to forget it and get a Chief unless you really want to go SLOW ! "Investors" buy them for the looks which are great but they don't ride them too far. Of course you could always hot rod it by stroking etc.

Whats slow? I have a bone stock 1928 that does 65 all day long...  

1928 101 scout

indian.jpg

Edited by 1963SWC (see edit history)