Rear Axle Interchange Question for 1936

Guest BJM

Pat Brooks has a 3.60 rear axle from I think a 1952 Buick that he is selling. He had it listed on the Buy/Sell 2-3 months ago and I am just going back through some old emails.

He said he was not positive if it would work for my 36 Roadmaster sedan but it should.

Does anybody know for certain? I think my Roadmaster has 16 inch wheels and any 52 Buick would have 15 inch wheels but if the bolt pattern is the same I would think I would be OK.

I have checked on 2 36 Century rear axles and both sellers say they don't want to mess with shipping, as they were quite aways away so I am back to square one.

I am OK with my current axle (stock) but if the 3.60 would work I would check into it further. Thanks

I put a 3.60 from a 50 Special in my 40 Special. The housings have the spring pads in different positions. One is directly on top the axle the other is behind axle centerline. I used the 3rd member/driveshaft from the 50 in the original 40 housing. It all bolted up. Test drive will be aways down the road.