Chrysler Airstream

Guest 340duster

Guest 340duster

<table id="post968786" class="tborder2" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt3" id="td_post_968786">I stumbled across this site while trying to find parts for an Airstream. I purchased a 1936 Chrysler Airstream C7 coupe in February. It's rough to say the least. I have been trying to find a few parts while trying to get a title. Someone had sandblasted and primered the body without removing the VIN plates, therefor erasing the VIN # completely. I found a set of numbers on the frame starting with a C7, but North Carolina will not use those #'s. They have said they can issue me a NC VIN # and it will still say 1936 Chrysler Airstream on the title. What a mess. :mad:

Some of the parts I'm looking for include: hood emblem, passenger window garnish molding (I'm told a '36 sedan front door garnish without vent window will work), driver's side 1/4 window garnish molding, 2 glove box doors with hinge, wiper pivots and linkage, and a medal top insert. I'm assuming the windshield is held in by a garnish molding. If so, I need that too. Does anyone make patch panels for these cars? I bought a set of 1/4 panel patches.

I have a set of 4 rust free fenders for a '35 Airstream with the original paint on them if anyone is interested. Also have the chrome headlights and stands. All are in beautiful shape! Thanks for any and all help!

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class=""> user_online.gifreport.gif </td> <td class="alt3" align="right"> edit.gif</td></tr></tbody></table>

I've had my 36 Airstream roadster for 3 years. The best source for parts is probably ebay. There isn't alot on there though. You have to watch for the crooks to. I have seen some rediculous prices on stuff. There is a site where the guy was offering a full tail pan for airstreams as well as other panels. I believe the site is 1936 Chryler Airstream Repair Panels

Glove box liners I got from Atlas were pretty nice but a hair too wide. Steele Rubber makes some of the rubber components. I'm by no means an expert but it seems the 4 door Garnish for the doors would be too Short for the Coupe. I know my doors on the roadster are really long. Engine parts can be bought through Egge Machine. They have the most complete line of internal parts I have found. Unfortunately I don't have any of the trinkets you need. Good luck in your search. You can be sure it will be pretty much the only one at any shows you take it to.

Here's a 36 convertible in UK for $75K Unique Cars And Parts Classifieds
That car is in New Zealand at NZ$75K = US$57,425. At at that price may sell in NZ after a time. Is right hand drive.

The same seller has a 1928 Model 'A' Ford "AR" Roadster A & 1930 Rolls Royce Phantom NZ$300K. The web site is Australian.

Guest 340duster

I have a front door off of a 4 door that was trimmed the top rear edge about a 1/8" and installed on my coupe. It came from a Dodge I believe, fits good! Some 4 doors had a vent window, this one did not. A Roadster may be longer, not sure.