1929 Peerless FS

jeff_a

Starting 12/4/11, a Peerless Model 6-81 was listed for sale in the Pittsburgh, PA area (N. Huntington). There are four photos of this 4-door sedan with rear spare. The car has the biggest of four Continental sixes used by Peerless (248 cu. in. engine, 66 h.p.).

Contact Bob at #(724) 863-6069 for those seriously interested in purchase, and wanting to discuss price and make an appointment to see. Looks like a nice car! The text of the ad portrays this motorcar as a "barnfind"..."stored since 1964"...with 33,000 miles.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did buy the 1929 Peerless 6-81 recently.

I am looking for a radiator cap for my new car. The peerless eagle on Ebay and the one Don Sommer makes has a much smaller diameter base.

The cap I need must have threads on the inside of the cap. The inside threaded diameter measure 2 1/2 inches.

I found a nice brass chrome plated cap on Ebay but it measures 2 5/8 ich in diameter.

I suppose I could have a machinist bore it out and press in a ring and then have the inside rethreaded.

Any leads on a correct cap would be appreciated.

Tom Wallace, Dayton, OH

Tom

It may take awhile to get the correct cap. I would consider machining one if it is important. Jeff, should he check with Ralph C to see if he has one for sale?