Photos of H112450

cw4dove

attached are photos of H112450, the color photos are from 1988-1994 when Tim Urban had owned the car. Tim sold the car to a man in Michigan, one photo shows the car loaded for transport to Michigan. The black and white is a photo of my Mom, Dad and H112450 when they owned the car at the time of their marriage in 1950. My dad kept this car, eventually restoring it from 1969 until he sold it to Tim Urban in 1988. It was always a work in progrress and when he sold the car to Tim it was 90-95% completed, just needing some trim and minor interior work. I would sure like to find THIS car, H112450. I know it must still be around somewhere. Thanks for any help.

Billy C. Dove, Jr

billycdovejr@sbcglobal.net

post-72012-143138744675_thumb.jpg

post-72012-143138744695_thumb.jpg

post-72012-143138744698_thumb.jpg

post-72012-143138744701_thumb.jpg

post-72012-143138744706_thumb.jpg

post-72012-14313874471_thumb.jpg

post-72012-143138744713_thumb.jpg

post-72012-143138744716_thumb.jpg

post-72012-14313874472_thumb.jpg

Guest frenchy dehoux

Billy

I had the same model same colour and same year. I found my car in Long Beach Calif in the early 90's bought the car from the original owner I will post pictures of my car in the next few days.

Frenchy

Wow, that is a striking color on a big sedan.... I have never seen or heard of the car ..and I am in north west ohio...I have only seen one car that color...Don Dickey's green original 42 sedan..he paraded durning the 70's and was sold at his estate auction...

You need to post on fordbarn.com and send pics to Ford Merc Restorers club in Michigan..Someone will see that car and remember it...I saw a metallic blue 41 sedan at their meet 2 years ago....maybe it was painted??

FMRCOA Newsletter

http://www.fordbarn.com/

Mssr Bwatoe, thanks, my dad had it repainted that original green color sometime in the early 80's, maybe mid 80's just prior to selling the car in 1988. Originally when he started restoring the car in 1969-1970 he had the car painted black. After a few years he decided to go back with the original green color, as he still had the interior and trim off the car.

Billy

Guest Jim Zephyr

Hello Billy. Is that Paradise Green? Same, I think, as the 41 sedan we pulled out of South Dakota. Now that you have supplied some great photos, I will show my friend in Detroit who worked in GM styling and see if we can figure out who owned it in Michigan - there might be a connection there...

Jim, thanks!! Hopefully I can eventually find the car, my Dad really cherished that car. He worked for so many years on every little detail. Maybe your friend will remember something about someone having this car!! Wouldnt that be great!! There is more information on some of my earlier posts "searching for 41 Zephyr" and "searching for my dads 41 Zephyr" thanks again for any help or leads we can turn up. I believe the color is paradise green, I don't know if my dad guessed at the color or if it was on a trim tag or from a paint suppliers match list, I do know that he put it back to original, the way he remembered the car when he purchased it in the late 40's, he actally owned this car prior to he and my mom marrying, I remember in 1969 as we were getting ready to move from one part of town to another, convincing my dad to pull the "old Lincoln" out of the field and restore her.

Billy

Well, I am probably the only one here who can claim that I re-found and re-purchased a Lincoln after 16 years. My Continental was purchased in 1975 by my grandfather, from a preacher/scam artist/car salesman who restored cars. My grandfather owned it for 16 years from 1975-1991, he sold it to two guys for $3500 (it was flawless when he sold it). And that was the last we heard about it. Through the years I heard about the car from my family, but no one had any idea what happened to it. After my grandfather died in 2005 I was clearing out junk from his garage and I found a box with a framed picture of the lincoln and the old pink slip from before he owned it. This was about late 2006. So, I got the bright idea to write to Ca DMV. They had a records division and you filled out a form with the information and paid $6. They would send you the cars records, minus any contact information. However, they would send a copy of the paperwork to the current owner. So, on that copy I wrote my phone number and name and told him or her to call me, and I underlined it several times! So, I received the records in March or April 2007, I did not receive a call. Then in May of 2007 I received a call from the man who owned it. I went about 4 hours to go and see it, out at a dumpy place called Salton Sea. Sure enough it was the car, with the same plates and frames and even the paint!

The guy was a hermit and very odd, I drove the car around, and the master cylinder was out. The guy told me that he had purchased it from two guys at L.A. County fair for $12,500 (the same two who bought it from my grandfather for $3500) and it was just, according to the paperwork about two weeks after my grandfather sold it. I took a lot of pictures and thought that would be the last of the car. But, in mid-June, I got the bright idea of making an offer for it. He originally wanted $12,500 for it. But, I told him that was ridiculous and that I had to pay $500 just to tow the car. I was going away for 2 months in July so, I called him on the first and gave him 48 hours.

Thanks to a small loan from my dad and my money saved from working, I ended up picking up the car on the third and having it towed back over four hours. When I got it home, I looked through the documents with the car and there was a note 'signed' by my grandfather saying the car was as-is. The trunk was sealed and I took my hand and carefully peeled it open, and there were two clubs and a cover, all of which my grandmother remembered my grandfather placing in there 16 years before! I know it is all impossible, but, it is true! I was 19 at the time! It had been 16 years since my grandfather owned the car, but, it is ironic that I found the car because of one late evening looking through the stuff in the garage and finding a document. I think my grandfather had something to do with it!

Here is some information from a previous thread on this forum, FYI with a little more information.

"Just an update on my search for my Dad's 41 Zephyr. I have found out that he was a member of the LZOC in the early 70's. His member number was 353. Also the model number of the car I am seeking is 16H-73-3045 and the VIN is H112450. If there is a central registry for these cars, can anyone run these numbers and come up with a current owner? I am going to run the VIN through the DMV here in Texas and see what comes up."

I appreciate everyone's help and responses. I will post my progress here as I continue my search for my Dad's 41 Zephyr. Thanks again everyone, happy holidays!

Billy Dove

• 2 months later...
Guest frenchy dehoux
Thanks Frenchy, look forward to seeing them.

If you go on my website you can see pictures of my 41 Zephyr which is the same color as yours. You can also see me doing the build.

Thanks

Frenchy

Frenchysrides.com

• 5 months later...