Looking for H112450 41 Zephyr

cw4dove

Still searching for my Dad's 41 Zephyr that he owned from around 1950 until 1988 when he sold the car to a man in baytown Texas. The car was then sold to a man in Michigan, Texas transferred the Title to Michigan in 1993. From there I have lost the trail. My Dad did most of the restoration on the car over about a 10 year period, and he owned this car when he and my mom married in 1950. If anyone knows the whereabouts of H112450, please contact me at 281.444.7115. In 1993 the car was in great condition, original light green color and tan interior. Thanks for your help.

Billy C. Dove, Jr

• 2 months later...

Send a records search to the DMV there, if it is anything like how CA was 5 years ago they will have you send two copies, one that goes to the current owner. They will not give you contact info. So, on that paper write your contact info and write on there why you want them to contact you. It worked in the case of my '48 which my grandfather bought in 1975, sold in 1991. I did not find it and buy it back until 2007!

Yes, I have done all that. Tx DMV surrendered title to Michigan DMV, but MI does not keep records back very far, and had no record. Lost the trail there, as stated in previous posts the car was sold from TX by Tim Urban to a gentlman in MI in 1993 who worked in GM's styling department. Have lost the trail there.

Ok, here's a lead for you!!!

http://www.fmrcoa.org/newsletter/2011/Dec11Newsletter_Screen.pdf

I saw a 41 Sedan, freshly painted light blue at the annual meet in dearborn..I never caught

up with the owner..but I was not aware of the car before?? Might the green have been painted over? I know that Bob G. on that list of directors likes lincolns..he would be first call....another fellow named Timoschek (or close to it) also a director..

I have not seen car at the meet again, but this was 2 summers ago, and it is in the I94 Southfield area..I cannot remember the interior...but I expect it was standard tan mohair, I would have remembered custom interior or unusual feature... no pic sorry

Edited by Mssr. Bwatoe (see edit history)

Is that the LZOC meet? I am not sure why someone would paint the car in a non original color, but I have seen stranger. The car is the same color as Wes's 48 a couple of posts up. Thanks for your reply, I really hope to find this car someday!