Hudson in Guatemala?

Vintman

Hi Folks,

I would like to mention that the SVVS Website Help Pages has recently had its 1,000 car identification (SVVS Web Assistance with Classic, Vintage and Veteran Cars), with considerable number of US cars recently having been identified by you guys. For this we are most grateful and would like to thank very much all who have helped. I am learning fast about US cars so am relatively confident that the attached is a cca 1929 Hudson Phaeton. Seems to be the long wheelbase version with 10 spoke wooden wheels so presumably the Greater Hudson Six. Seem too big to be an Essex. Photographed in Guatemala cca 1942. Would appreciate your input.

Thanks again for your much appreciated help !!

Regards

Vintman (UK)

www.svvs.org

post-58492-143138743965_thumb.jpg

Guest prewar40

It's a Gardner all right; the phaeton is either a 1928 model 88 or a 1929 model 125. In '28 Gardner built the phaeton only for export, in 1929 they were built only by special request.

Bob Gardner

Hi Folks,

Many thanks for your inputs and especially to Leif and his bright idea. Most annoying is that we have a photo of a 1927 Gardner with those louvers on our 2005 Help Page 4, just after we started. Mind you that was a few years back and alzheimers is kicking in ! My confidence in it being a Hudson was much misplaced. How embarrassing !

Thanks and regards

Vintman

Vintman,,What Leif said " Not Emmbarrassing at all"

I am a Hudson Super Six freak (pre 1930)and I looked at this car and thought to my self , well its not a factory Hudson, but It could very well be a custom body car , as there were many non B&S hudson cars made that resemble this Gardner.Incidently there are some Gardner cars that just came up in the Buy/Sell part of our form with links that led you to some good info and pictures.

Paul

Edited by paulrhd29nz
bad spelling (see edit history)