1936 C-8 Airstream RS Coupe info wanted

Does anyone recognize the beautiful ’36 Airstream C-8 rumble seat coupe in the attached photo?

My uncle purchased this Chrysler in Indiana in (about) 1997 from the widow of a man he had visited there for many years. Unfortunately my uncle has had some medical issues and can no longer remember names or offer any other information about the car. The family would like to learn more about the history and originality of the vehicle that may help determine its value and eventual disposition. Perhaps someone has access to an old WPC roster that may list this car?

We have an original 1936 Indiana license plate (any way to search on the number?) that came with the vehicle so the previous owner must have had the car registered under that plate number. My uncle always said the car had been displayed in a museum prior to the last owner having purchased it but we know very little else. This is a beautiful car and quite unique so there must be a Chrysler enthusiast somewhere that remembers seeing this car at a car show or a club meet?

More photos and background info can be found at 1936CHRYSLERC8

Any contact info or suggestions on where we may find more information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any help you can offer.

JIM

post-50721-143138741787_thumb.jpg

There used to be a beautiful all original 1936 Chrysler coupe at the Windsor Antique Automobile Museum in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. That could be the car. The museum was run by a Robert Gault. The museum may still be there.

• 4 months later...