Pittsburgh. PA area information Please

g-g-g0

Any one in the Pittsburgh, PA area familiar with Roman's Auto Parts and Machine Shop in Carnegie, PA? I am interested in buying a rebuilt engine from a third party that was rebuilt by Roman's.

Anyone familiar with them? Any feed back on quality, reliability, workmanship and etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

South Bend, IN

BCA 43395

How long ago was it built? It's not been Roman's for at least 25 years. It's now a NAPA with a machine shop in the back owned by a different family. Back in the day they were the place to go for machine work (heads, blocks, etc.) but as far as I know did very little total engine building.

I would say they're competent if it's a stock engine but not so much for performance builds.

impala

I would think the rebuild is fine but the length of time it's been sitting requires some work. I would drop the pan to look around. Make sure the bearings still have lubrication (assembly lube). It would be nice to get a bore scope and have a look inside the cylinders too. I would pull the valve covers and oil the rockers and finally before start up pre lube it.

impala