Identify these cars

Guest Outlaweyes

Guest Outlaweyes

I have a (poor) photograph showing my father and an unknown woman, along with several cars that potentially could be identified. If I knew more about the cars, I might be able to tell more about when and where this photograph was taken. Can anyone help? Here is the photo.

RoyWrightandunknown.jpg

Guest Outlaweyes

keiser31, that was a quick and firm response on, I'm sure you mean, the car they are leaning/sitting on. Is that a Model A rear end on the far left? And perhaps another Model A coming toward the camera in the street?

Can anybody read or ID the badges on the grill?

The one on the right looks like a huge V8 badge which I have never seen before.

The coupe on the left could be from the Chrysler or Studee families??

And the one coming towards the camera does look Model A Fordish.

Manuel in Oz

Guest Outlaweyes

I have no idea if automobile manufacturers were as nuts that far back as they are now, so I don't know when a 1936 Ford would have been on the road. My father was born in January, 1915. So, he is at least 21 in this picture if the Ford wasn't sold until 1936. I can start checking where he showed up in various records about then.

I appreciate everyone's help, and any additional info anyone comes up with.

Guest Foggy norm

That car sure has it's share of "bling". Fog light's, grill guard and a screen along with keeping it washed...lady's white coat. Is that an artillery wheel on the left car?

That car sure has it's share of "bling". Fog light's, grill guard and a screen along with keeping it washed...lady's white coat. Is that an artillery wheel on the left car?

I believe that car on the left is a 1930 Dodge Brothers.

post-37352-14313874082_thumb.jpg