Radiator Cap identification?

Guest danceswithpumps

Guest danceswithpumps

I believe this cap is a Terraplane or Hudson, but not sure. Can somebody confirm this and the year?

Thanks for your help.:)

Rod

20111119073330.jpg

20111119073500.jpg

Guest danceswithpumps

It could be an after market but not a recent one as the cap (the lower screw on part) was on a model AA Ford bought from my uncle in the early 60s that had been sitting in the junk pile for 25 yrs. The top figure I found in a bucket in my uncle's shop about 10 yrs. later. I recently saw a picture on the internet of a cap like it so I gave the cap another look and decided that they went together. I epoxyed the 2 pieces together. The figure is cast iron and pretty heavy for its size. The bottom part has brass threads and is, I believe, cast iron. The whole cap probably weighs between 1 and 2 pounds.

Thanks,:)

Rod

Guest danceswithpumps

Looks like the one, John.:) I did the Ctrl, ++++ all I could to make it bigger. Anyone have a detailed pic to make sure?

Thanks,:)

Rod

Guest danceswithpumps
Good to know what the cap originally fit, now I'll have to go find the broken one we have around here somewere.

Yep, :) I hope your motto is like mine: "Never throw anything away"..My wife doesn't agree though..LOL

Rod

Guest danceswithpumps
Please explain "Throw away" is that something I should consider doing some time in the future? :rolleyes:

Don't even think of doing that..:) It's not in my vocabulary...LOL I copy pasted.

Rod

Trust me, that figure isn't any "Lady", you E.M.F. guys need an anatomy lesson. :)

Keiser, that photo is a 28 Essex, not a Hudson. :rolleyes: The 28 Hudson had a similar ornament, but was the full body of the lady, the Essex had from the waist up. The ornament shown above is a 28 Essex ornament.

Frank

Keiser, that photo is a 28 Essex, not a Hudson. :rolleyes: The 28 Hudson had a similar ornament, but was the full body of the lady, the Essex had from the waist up. The ornament shown above is a 28 Essex ornament.

Frank

Ooops....I should have looked at the emblem.