What is this circa 1910 fraternal org. brass auto. Emblem? See photos

George Albright

Dear Friends I bought this 3 1/2 inch times 3 1/2 inch circa 1910-20 brass emblem off Ebay to put on my 1917 Kelsey friction drive prototype.Will put on dash or radiator. I bought it because its neat and the builder of my car Cadwallder Kelsey has these initials in his name. I want to find out what organization this candle in a holder with light radiating off of it represents. No its not Odd Fellows,as their's is a human eye. Looks like it screwed on to a post that in turn may have mounted on a bumper of a car,though thats just a guess. Please forward it to your friends. Leads appreciated! George Albright,Ocala,Fla. cell 352 843 1624 email: gnalbright@gmail.com

post-62459-143138734566_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143138734567_thumb.jpg

Here is an response I got off of the General Discussion forum.George: That appears to be a shield from one of the many highway promotion organizations that were common in and before the 1920's. The question is which one. Though the organizations existed before the American Association of State Highway Officials (AASHO) adopted a Federal Highway numbering system the Shield in late 1926 many of those organizations continued to exist well into the 1940s as trade associations and had adopted variations of the Shield and marker depictions connecting to their past.

I'm going to suggest this medallion was in someway associated with what was known as the National Park to Park Highway given the depiction of a Fur tree and of course the type of Marker commonly used to indicate a designation of some of the early highway connections. The key to this one will be the letters C and K.