Power Steering Problems

Guest Buickjosef

Guest Buickjosef

Hello @ all

I am here in our Forum the first Time. I have a 59`Buick Invicta Flattop.

I have restored the Car in 1997. It was a very good Basic without Rust:):)

It runs great and had only minor probs in all the Years ago. Yet i have a Problem with my Power-Steering. I think the steering has play in the Steering Box. The Steering linkage is OK and without play. In the Chassis Service Manual is this Problem described with Car Leads to One Side or the Other. The Answer is: Badly Worn Valve Replace Valve assembly. Had anyone this Problem too? What can i do to eliminate this Problem. Can i get this Valve new or as Rebuilt' or is a Rebuild-Kit available?

Sorry for my bad Englisch, i`m from Munich/Germany:o:o

With best regards

Josef

Have you had the alignment of the car checked? I'd check suspension parts such as tie rod ends, ball joints, even tire pressure, before blaming a pump.

Welcome Josef. What are your tires like? Are they Bias Ply tires or Radials? Bias ply will make the steering feel like it is loose with need for constant manipulation while driving. Radials will tend to eliminate that feeling without making any other changes.

Guest Buickjosef

Hello, thank`s for your answers !!!!

Yes, i have checked the Suspension parts and the Tire Pressure. The alignment was not adjustet after the restoration and The Car runs all the years perfect straight.

The Tires are BF Goodrich Radial Whitewall Tires.

What can i do ???

Thanks a lot

Josef

Edited by Buickjosef (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...